advertisement

James Webb telescope...

This is not really a JWT post, but if you have clear skies tonight as we do in much of England, you will be treated to a spectacular conjunction of Venus and Jupiter. Just look SW and impossible to miss as they are by far the brightest things in the sky.

Yep - saw that earlier on my walk home; a joy

(the 'seeing' from where I live has now deteriorated / just a hair too late to enjoy through Good Bins on tripod.)

1974.jpg

Astronomy
James Webb telescope detects evidence of ancient ‘universe breaker’ galaxies

Huge systems appear to be far larger than was presumed possible so early after big bang, say scientists

James Webb telescope detects evidence of ancient ‘universe breaker’ galaxies | Astronomy | The Guardian

We just arrived home from our day out in Greenwich. We drove (must remember to pay the ULEZ), parked just outside the park on bank holiday free parking, went round the observatory and then the planetarium, back to the car to unfold the 3 Bromptons and took the Thames path route to London Bridge, we took an Uber boat back to Greenwich then rode up the steep climb and back through the park to the car.

Great fun, our enthusiastic teenager loved anything planetary related, my good lady loved the bike ride and riding across the bridge, I loved the maritime clock history with John Harrison models etc, we all loved the massive telescope and learning you can visit it in the winter, now that’s a telescope sort of thing.

We just arrived home from our day out in Greenwich. We drove (must remember to pay the ULEZ), parked just outside the park on bank holiday free parking, went round the observatory and then the planetarium, back to the car to unfold the 3 Bromptons and took the Thames path route to London Bridge, we took an Uber boat back to Greenwich then rode up the steep climb and back through the park to the car.

Great fun, our enthusiastic teenager loved anything planetary related, my good lady loved the bike ride and riding across the bridge, I loved the maritime clock history with John Harrison models etc, we all loved the massive telescope and learning you can visit it in the winter, now that’s a telescope sort of thing.

Lovely reply...

Thank You Paul. :)

advertisement

Back