advertisement

It's 2022. Thinking of making any changes to your system? Like what?

Funds may stop play but been hankering after changing the speakers cables to something a bit easier to handle than NAC A5. Current plans are to hopefully move the Tannoy Eaton to the end of the room rather than the sides…the thought of faffing about with routing the NAC is off putting - I’m not a cable believer other than chunky copper and benefit by screening so will be starting to have a look - Chord Shawline seems quite the ticker without the eye watering price tag

Basic Naim CDX2.2, ATC integrated 150wpc, Harbeth C7s show a ridiculous difference between cheapish CD to Amp interconnects. I find that favourite interconnects become too smooth after a few hour's use. The worst are the more expensive ones. Chord vs Atlas are running in now, each has very different characteristics about the £100 mark. It is all very cheap of course compared to DSLR camera lenses.:)

Fun?

Going Exakt with my Linn system halfway there with my recent ASH purchase just waiting on a Exaktbox I to become available !!

Made huge amout of changes to system so far this year . Just popped a bel canto linear psu on the bc pre 3 which has given a greater sense of presence and realism

For the first time i actually got class d to sound superb with the horns . So using with a highly modded black ice dac the sound is giving a real sense of presence and very compelling indeed . Impressive

I'm just playing with the combinations of kit I have now:

Allo Boss Pi streamer
Allo digione and Musical Fidelity X-DAC V3 Pi streamer
PC with old Roland usb interface

Quad FM4
A&R T21

Quad 34/306
A&R A60
Sugden headmaster/Ampmaster

ATC SCM10s
AVI NuNeutron
B&O CX50 (FaitalPro drivers)

Rel Strata 2

And finding the sugden is awesome if the room and speakers suit, the Quad with its tone controls can make most things work anywhere reasonably well, the B&Os are stupid good for little money, and hopefully the Rel will sort their bottom end out!

Just having fun playing really.

Got an Orchard Audio Apple Pi DAC hat on the way to try next. And hopefully picking up some partington trophy stands tomorrow to play with speaker positioning a bit.

Sadly I have reached a point where I have no will to upgrade any of our two channel (or multi channel). My system isn’t the be all and end all, and not necessarily end game. I’m happy with what I’ve got and will now stick with it.

I did buy Neat Orkestras this year and am happy with those. It’s a rubbish room environment so whatever I put in here will have a compromise or two. I feel I have got to a level of performance I don’t wish to jeopardise by spending silly money, or just having a whim/hankering for something different.

Sadly I have reached a point where I have no will to upgrade any of our two channel (or multi channel). My system isn’t the be all and end all, and not necessarily end game. I’m happy with what I’ve got and will now stick with it.

I did buy Neat Orkestras this year and am happy with those. It’s a rubbish room environment so whatever I put in here will have a compromise or two. I feel I have got to a level of performance I don’t wish to jeopardise by spending silly money, or just having a whim/hankering for something different.
About the same here and surprisingly, my keepers are not necessarily the most expensive or newer pieces of equipment. The only difference is my listening room which is near perfect.

scrap whatever path I outlined last time.

Noticed (I had forgotten) that my Daughter has a Sansui SR-525 direct drive turntable of mine, so I am swapping a heybrook TT2 with the Sansui for a bit.

it will make a change. The Sansui works well, and I want to put a different cartridge on it anyhoo.
Itch scratched. New cart. basic AT green one (can’t remember the numbers)

Waiting for witch hat phantom cables to arrive planning to upgrade from my naim uniti atom but don't know where i'm going yet. Will probably go to a dealers for a demo as soon as I can.

advertisement

Back