advertisement

Isolation feet and speaker stands

They are screwed to the top plate of the stand. The speakers themselves only weigh about 3kg each and have a side firing woofer which causes them to sway slightly atop the spindly stands. Said stands are on little feet and not spiked and I suspect the movement is their modus operandi though unspiked Auva 50’s would “anchor” them without changing that function. However the little feet on the stands are not quite “fixed” but require a bit of persuasion to unscrew them and would need an appropriate converter to attach the Auva. The more I think about this the less I think the Auva would work out quite as well with the Boenicke, my money is probably better spent elsewhere.
Fergus you know your system best I have not even seen it, whilst an Auva isolator adapter is probably available it sounds tricky, & since it is your money the direction you chose is yours to do. Please keep me/us apprised of your progress.

I love the Auva 70's & what they bring, however I keep thinking about the Auva 100's. I keep seeing in my mind the words of Paul Rigby The Audiophile Man when he wrote "Differences, if any? Lots is what I’d say! But hear this, moving from the 70s to the 100s is to move from excellent hifi to truly high-end HiFi. And I mean top-of-the-line. It’s like moving from an exceptional boron cantilevered cartridge to a cartridge packing a sapphire or even diamond cantilever. That sort of standard".

"At this point, all talk stops. You’re forced to listen. There is a level of sound quality here which is just exceptional. Truly exceptional. In short? Down went the noise again, up came the detail".

My 75th is coming up do I at least try them using the 30 day trial period???

I love the Auva 70's & what they bring, however I keep thinking about the Auva 100's. I keep seeing in my mind the words of Paul Rigby The Audiophile Man when he wrote "Differences, if any? Lots is what I’d say! But hear this, moving from the 70s to the 100s is to move from excellent hifi to truly high-end HiFi. And I mean top-of-the-line. It’s like moving from an exceptional boron cantilevered cartridge to a cartridge packing a sapphire or even diamond cantilever. That sort of standard".

"At this point, all talk stops. You’re forced to listen. There is a level of sound quality here which is just exceptional. Truly exceptional. In short? Down went the noise again, up came the detail".

My 75th is coming up do I at least try them using the 30 day trial period???

Yes go for it Big John- one is only 75 once. 👍

There seems to be an interest even consensus on several fora I post on in my trying the Auva 100's.

I will contact Stack Audio & see Like Tarzan said go for it Big John- one is only 75 once, coincidentally Salamander, I am seeing/phone consultation on friday...
I plan to order Auva 100's for my next speakers to replace the standard Iso Acoustics Gaia II feet.

I had realised a few days ago, whilst listening with the Auva EQ's under pre & power amplifiers & Auva 50's under the turntable & Croft phono stage with Auva 70's under the OTA Quad 57's & OTA Rupert stands the Power valves must be tired as they had over 2500 hours of use.

I ordered 4 x Matched KT120's from Hot Rox in Nottingham they arrived a couple of days ago & I fitted them in to the Rogue Atlas Magnum power amplifier, they are settling nicely, I realised that other than fitting the sets of Auva feet I had not touched the One Thing Audio Quad 57's ages ago, not since screwing them on to the OTA Rupert stands & adjusting the angle using the bolts at the rear of the stands.

When I checked the tightness of the 3 brass screws on each of the four wood edging strips the screws were loose in their brass cups, though I could not detect any movement the edging strips not only act as finishing strips but clamp the front & rear perforated metal screens though they are also stapled, 12 screws took but a few moments to tighten, There has been a very slight improvement over & above fitting new KT120 power valves, indicating why the elimination of vibration is so effective in improving sounds.

advertisement

Back