advertisement

Is this the most beautiful amp......

I still haven't come across a design I like better than this: the HD-1 integrated amp from Margules Audio.
hd-1.jpg

I like the HiFi Rose stuff. I like the screens and the cool controls, I like any of the unusually styled stuff. Its beyond my means sadly, but Its good to see fresh design work in a very stale arena.

New Powersoft X8 8 channels with DSP driving my 4 subs 8x1600wpc
Old Western Electric 212 22wpc SET Monoblocks
powersoft-x8-touring.jpg

index.php
The old Western Electric 212 22wpc SET Monoblocks have the looks of a cold war era torture apparatus.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

New Powersoft X8 8 channels with DSP driving my 4 subs 8x1600wpc
powersoft-x8-touring.jpg

index.php

Very cool piece of history! ...Put me down as one that likes the way that looks, there's actually no fluff there, it all had purpose.
"this entire massive apparatus represents a single 20-watt audio playback channel, with all associated power supplies, preamps, and control devices."

Western Electric 43A Movie-Sound Amplifier:

Very cool piece of history! ...Put me down as one that likes the way that looks, there's actually no fluff there, it all had purpose.
"this entire massive apparatus represents a single 20-watt audio playback channel, with all associated power supplies, preamps, and control devices."

Western Electric 43A Movie-Sound Amplifier:
My expression "apparatus" was more to the point than I could have guessed.

index.php
Oh yes.

...in a boiler-plate listing room, one giant horn speaker, a mad, RKO Radio Pictures Serial - style Jacob's ladder arcing-away in each rear corner...

'can our hero possibly survive..? Tune in next week!'

advertisement

Back