advertisement

Is this really Paul Weller?

Isobarik

pfm Member
A friend bought Paul Weller's latest album '66' around yesterday.
Nothing like the Paul Weller I have heard before. I thought my friend had brought the wrong album around!

Anyone else heard the album?

I like the new single 'Rise Up Singing'; I think it has a good tune and some Soul.

I've not heard the full album yet, only the first few tracks... and they're okay.

Well, I'm was another that never really liked the Jam... nor bought an album until a couple of years ago.
Last year I saw his band play live at Westonbirt Arboretum and they were excellent!

He never was the best singer, but certainly has something in his songs I feel.

I have several of his albums and enjoy them.

Never knowingly listened to Paul Weller before. What am I missing and where should I start?
Fly on the Wall B sides etc will tell you what he's about post The Jam as an intro.

Here's the Style Council 2nd up at Live Aid after Status Quo (who he happens to know etc) Dee C Lee (singing) married Weller a little later I think

We have heard the new Single - it sounds like his voice has gone- not that he has ever had a great voice in my opinion.

I never had much time for him, especially after his attempt at Gordon Lightfoot’s ‘Early Morning Rain.’
In a mock Canadian accent.

Love the guy brought going underground when I was 10 . Love the jam some style council stuff and mostly all solo especially the early stuff . He does a lot of work with the stone fountain. My balloon is rising is a brilliant song . Seen him a fair few times and all you here from the casual fan is why don't he play more jam . I find it great how he can change his style he never sticks to one thing . The new album is different yet again and personally I don't like when he sings like this . I prefer the more soulful funk stuff he does but still good in places

advertisement

Back