advertisement

Is this for real?

I guess that means I'm from the bad Washington ☹️

Did you see the joke earlier in the thread? Good Washington is the one that has Seattle, the Puget sound, two mountain ranges nearby, etc. Bad Washington (especially from 2017 to 2020) is Washington, DC.

I have no knowledge of the UK Washington! Other than that there are some well known accents and makers and takers and some other stuff. Way over my head.

Did you see the joke earlier in the thread? Good Washington is the one that has Seattle, the Puget sound, two mountain ranges nearby, etc. Bad Washington (especially from 2017 to 2020) is Washington, DC.

I have no knowledge of the UK Washington! Other than that there are some well known accents and makers and takers and some other stuff. Way over my head.
But Washington State forfeited its good name when it gave the world Starbucks.

Anti-lock Braking System?
I think it's 'anything but Starbucks'.

I understand the point, and I'm not a fan of their bland offerings either, but the whole artisan coffee thing started in Seattle, with Starbucks and others, IIRC. Certainly Starbucks were in the vanguard in the UK, so I give them credit for that, at least.

I suspect Starbucks was once actually quite good. Then, as they grew, they had to do two things: 1) reduce costs and 2) appeal to a broader market. That can only end one way. They're not the first to have travelled that road.

There is a saying that a fool and his money are easily parted... anyone who actually bought one of these with their own money most have a team of helpers just to get their shoelaces tied!

I'll have thee know, lad, that many of us have worked our bollox off all our lives and we still cannot afford a team of helpers to tie our shoe laces.

If truth be told, we didn't have shoe laces to tie.

But we were 'appy!

I'll have thee know, lad, that many of us have worked our bollox off all our lives and we still cannot afford a team of helpers to tie our shoe laces.

If truth be told, we didn't have shoe laces to tie.

But we were 'appy!

Shoes? Bloody luxury... When I were a lad....

and yer tell that to kid's nowadays and they don't believe yer!

advertisement

Back