advertisement

Is the Metropolitan Police institutionally corrupt?

A little further north than the purview of the Met, but the same toxic misogyny failing women. The jailing of Scotland's most prolific sex offender for 36 years has been drowned out by the ongoing furore surrounding Cousins. Ian Packer was found guilty of murder of Emma Caldwell, and the physical and sexual assault of 22 women. Sex workers who came forward to voice concerns were not taken seriously by the police, humiliated, and in some cases themselves arrested.

Whether England or Scotland, the police force are an irredeemably corrupt and rotten organisation.

Great work by the Met - still on the case 28 years later:-

When Mrs BM`s car was stolen a few years ago the police couldn`t even be arsed to let us know it had been found in time to stop it being stolen again - but then it was a Fiesta, not a Ferrari.

Great work by the Met - still on the case 28 years later:-

When Mrs BM`s car was stolen a few years ago the police couldn`t even be arsed to let us know it had been found in time to stop it being stolen again - but then it was a Fiesta, not a Ferrari.
Understandable!

They really do think ordinary people are scum who are there to be kicked around, abused, and treated like shit.
Because there's been no come back - it's all part of the corrupt management and the active encouragement from government/home office. That is instant dismissal and a criminal record...

Except she kept her job. Imagine a teacher stomping on a pupil‘s stomach, or a paramedic assaulting a road traffic accident victim?
I'm not at all surprised. Just the kind of person they want to retain, that proves it. An 'exemplary record' no doubt...

Police firearms officer named as he denies murder of Chris Kaba

Martyn Blake, 40, pleads not guilty at Old Bailey over death of Kaba, 24, who was shot in south London in 2022

Deborah Coles, the director of Inquest, said: “Police cannot and should not be above the law. Accountability for police officers and forces involved in death, even where evidence of criminality and wrongdoing is identified, is extremely rare.

“In any other murder trial, the accused would be publicly named. This case is no different. We welcome today’s decision.”

tbf she does say there is some great officers as well. Like any job I guess, there's the good, the bad, and the truly ugly !

tbf she does say there is some great officers as well. Like any job I guess, there's the good, the bad, and the truly ugly !
Yes probably, but that’s not the point. And that is the police are not held to the same standards of professional conduct that pertain to most workplaces.

And that is the police are not held to the same standards of professional conduct that pertain to most workplaces.
A news trawl would reveal lots of workplaces where the standards of professional conduct is very inconsistent. But that’s not the point either. This is a police corruption thread, as it’s been pointed out to me previously,. ;)

Yes probably, but that’s not the point. And that is the police are not held to the same standards of professional conduct that pertain to most workplaces.
Inadequate vetting seems to be an endemic problem. The Angiolini Inquiry has lifted a few rocks so far.

A news trawl would reveal lots of workplaces where the standards of professional conduct is very inconsistent. But that’s not the point either. This is a police corruption thread, as it’s been pointed out to me previously,. ;)
You’re as entitled to your view as any other contributor to this thread. But I’m not at all sure that a trawl of the news would reveal such serious and egregious gross misconduct enjoying widespread toleration elsewhere, certainly not in public services anyway.

In thirty years as a NHS shop steward I managed to save a few people from the sack by pleading mitigation, revealing serious errors in procedure, or highlighting victimisation. However I can assure you, anyone guilty of the sorts of behaviour cited above by Rebecca Kalam, or stomping on someone’s stomach, their feet wouldn’t touch the floor. Yet there does seem to be a significant disproportion in police officers engaging in gross misconduct who are not dismissed.

Government austerity cuts under Cameron did nothing to assist with potential recruitment levels and quality years later. Personally think that much of the contempt and derision aimed at them follows from many years that they were allowed to address their own complaints.

Very unlikely that I would encounter the Police just like the majority of people, I would not trust them from my observations however, they have far to many poorly educated thuggish bouncers within their recruitment.

This. And there was similar reporting about the NHS not so long ago. Seems like its everywhere in the public sector. But I'm sure it doesn't exist in the private sector.

At least the NHS has a full pre-employment vetting process as does teaching etc etc. The lack of robust vetting is all part of the corruption in the Police forces, as we've been over previously - there is no excuse...

At least the NHS has a full pre-employment vetting process as does teaching etc etc. The lack of robust vetting is all part of the corruption in the Police forces, as we've been over previously - there is no excuse...

Absolutely right. You'd think the government would set a clear vetting standard and inspect accordingly, offering support if required.

You wouldn't expect them to set recruitment targets, with deadlines and withdrawn funding for failure to recruit, would you? That wouldn't be helpful when you consider how long vetting takes and the staff required to do it.

advertisement

Back