advertisement

Is the Metropolitan Police institutionally corrupt?

I feel some level of malfeasance is always present in large organisations, but policing has been changed by the extraordinary powers they now have and their duty to obey politically motivated dictats.
Thatcher weaponised the police and drove a steak through the public’s trust, the latest rules on public protests aimed at closing down the green debate are a further example of this process of making the police a paramilitary force enforcing unpopular political measures.

Your car/bike gets nicked, house burgled, tough. The police are ONLY here to enforce laws to support the most corrupt govt this country's had in living memory. The EU was a bulwark against some of the worst, the UK is a failed state. Rich but failed, I dread to think where we'll be in 5 years.

Upsetting to read how engrained homophobia appears to be in the Met.

“To my mind, the only thing that makes any sense of how disturbingly incompetent this investigation was is prejudice: conscious and unconscious. And, in my opinion, I think if that means the lives and deaths of young gay and bi men are not treated with significance and respect, I think that amounts to institutional homophobia,”

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/dec/10/police-homophobia-stephen-port-case

I've told this story before but, back in the late 70's a friend took a job after graduating to teach young police recruits some basics of English. One week she set them an essay which the next week resulted in 8 word of word identical papers and another 2 which were slightly re workings. She had to remind them that they were not in front of an inquiry or compiling witness statements :)

Could this really be true ?

With the police now avoiding asking difficult questions about parties, it looks like boffo has pulled in favours owed for constantly dismissing calls for the dismissal of the mets corruptor in chief.

No disrespect to security guards but it is not a career that requires much education and sadly also true of some police who seem very unsure of the laws they are supposed to adhere to.

Violence something they are supposed to protect us from was used by the police at the Sarah Everard vigil at Clapham.

Why when arresting people for Covid protests did they find it necessary to kick, punch and knee protesters.

Some people say that compared to other countries our police are wonderful, in view of some of the actions above I would never trust them. Sadly a career that is open to decent people as well as bully boy thugs.

They need closer examination by the cabinet secretary ( If he was not at the No. 10 party ) if he is trusted by Johnson he will have to do....kettling does not appear to have much in common with human rights, Pace and anti terror laws are frequently abused by the police. Without doubt we need a good police force but it has gone badly off the rails.

Could this really be true ?
Absolutely, the 70s were a strange time when the police believed it was ''them or us''. She told us this tale not long after it happened and she still re tells it on nights out.

I have just read they must log all people ID that come and go from Downing Street. So where is the list?
I dare say it is closely guarded against those who think they have a right to know who enters and leaves Number 10.

...and the cops at the entrance to Downing St, and the others no doubt stationed around the building as protection officers etc... and yet there's "no evidence" that any party took place...

Utterly corrupt. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes???
Not sure how Police outside the building would have any knowledge of what was going on inside.

Not sure how Police outside the building would have any knowledge of what was going on inside.
I also note that Downing St must get hundreds of visitors a day, and all the staff present. Difficult to know who arrived and partied, and who was there for legitimate purposes. Though perhaps the log of who left, and when, would be instructive, albeit not conclusive.

I also note that Downing St must get hundreds of visitors a day, and all the staff present. Difficult to know who arrived and partied, and who was there for legitimate purposes. Though perhaps the log of who left, and when, would be instructive, albeit not conclusive.

I don't imagine you can get in without saying what you're there for and showing credentials. I'm, er, just feeding the cat while they're away. It's inconceivable that there isn't strict building management...

It has to be one of the most secure sites in Britain. The idea that any individual could get in or out without full ID checks, times of arrival/departure is fanciful so the 40 guests at Carrie n Boris’s flat party must be easily traceable. Management will also know how much booze was ordered and who paid for it. CCTV will also locate partygoers in the building.

If it wasn’t that tight, you’d have Boris waking up in the night with some drunk who had shinned up a pipe, pouring his troubles out to the Prime Minister while sat on the end of the bed or terrorists coming in dressed as guests.

advertisement

Back