advertisement

Is the Metropolitan Police institutionally corrupt?

It's a police force. Give a lot of people a little authority over others and it's inevitable some of them will use it for personal gain.

It has to be one of the most secure sites in Britain. The idea that any individual could get in or out without full ID checks, times of arrival/departure is fanciful so the 40 guests at Carrie n Boris’s flat party must be easily traceable. Management will also know how much booze was ordered and who paid for it. CCTV will also locate partygoers in the building.

If it wasn’t that tight, you’d have Boris waking up in the night with some drunk who had shinned up a pipe, pouring his troubles out to the Prime Minister while sat on the end of the bed or terrorists coming in dressed as guests.
You're hardly going to trace the bar bill. No 10 is going to have a very well stocked cellar and a staff to maintain it, 40-50 people putting away a few beers and a bottle of Bolly each is hardly going to touch it.

I don't imagine you can get in without saying what you're there for and showing credentials. I'm, er, just feeding the cat while they're away. It's inconceivable that there isn't strict building management...

Is anyone disputing they were not there in an official capacity?

It has to be one of the most secure sites in Britain. The idea that any individual could get in or out without full ID checks, times of arrival/departure is fanciful so the 40 guests at Carrie n Boris’s flat party must be easily traceable. Management will also know how much booze was ordered and who paid for it. CCTV will also locate partygoers in the building.

Agreed. I don’t dispute that the social events should not have happened. Basic leadership is about preempting such things, and recognising the wider impact. The really sore bit of all this is that the folk responsible will not do the decent thing from the outset.

No point in me commenting on police procedures. It will not support the narrative.

Despite my misgivings about the conduct by some of the police its true that the Tories of Cameron and Osborne sliced their numbers by 20,000 and now claim to be recruiting that number again!

When I was a kid my dad was able to walk with me to the front door at 10 Downing street and tell me that the Prime Minister lived there......ok dad can we go to football now!!!!!!!!!!

All coppers were probably bastards then I suppose but respected by the public (who else remembers pc 49 and Dixon of Dock Green). Murder was a rare crime and big news then. Haig the acid bath murder, Christie of Rillington Place , Craig and Bentley who killed a policeman in Croydon..... Craig one day proffered the following sentence to me " got any guns or bullets to flog moosh" Ruth Ellis etc, so In my life time much has changed and sadly to the extent that we have some people who although residing here, hate the English ( other nations are available).

None of that is the fault of the police of course NOR is it the fault of ordinary decent public. You earn respect in life and it is a two way street!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're hardly going to trace the bar bill. No 10 is going to have a very well stocked cellar and a staff to maintain it, 40-50 people putting away a few beers and a bottle of Bolly each is hardly going to touch it.
The people who are interested in that sort of thing are HMRC. Rules on hospitality for employees interfaces with BIK matters. I supped with our Director of Finance at one Christmas do when he eyed the £30k drinks bill. He was less concerned about the inevitable padding from the hospitality manager than he was from triggering an HMRC audit. Maybe political advisors and civil servants are immune to their attentions?

The people who are interested in that sort of thing are HMRC. Rules on hospitality for employees interfaces with BIK matters. I supped with our Director of Finance at one Christmas do when he eyed the £30k drinks bill. He was less concerned about the inevitable padding from the hospitality manager than he was from triggering an HMRC audit. Maybe political advisors and civil servants are immune to their attentions?
£30K? A quiet night then...

Led By Donkeys...

"Who exactly does the @MetPoliceUK work for ma'am? Our citizens, or Boris Johnson?"

(Location: New Scotland Yard. Sound on)

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1471125380228653060?cxt=HBwWiIC5yaWvvuooAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw==&refsrc=email

FGp86-3WQAMuCMY

advertisement

Back