advertisement

Is it too late for Biden to retire?

Blinken is complicit in the genocide in Gaza. He is a monster.

To be fair, I'm not keeping close tabs on what is going on. All I see is glaring hypocrisy in Western foreign policy and thousands of corpses who, when living, had no say in the actions that precipitated the invasion and almost certainly wouldn't have even supported it. I can see Blinken racking up the air miles/carbon emissions to no avail, whether that's because he is not interested in a ceasefire or he simply doesn't have power I don't know.

To single Blinken out seems unfair on him. The wider picture, at least in the Gaza/Israel war, is that the US Government, which is so far really only grumbling about Israel's behaviour, still seems happy to shell out $3 billion a year arming Israel with the murderous weapons it's now using against its neighbours. Given how Israel is spending this money, it just seems to me to be immoral to keep up the funding. Back on topic, I'm not sure that the winner of the election (Biden, a younger democrat or Trump) will change this. Frankly I'm bemused by US policy here, it's 'do as I say not as I do' of the highest level. I thought the US funds Israel for domestic political/electoral purposes (might be wrong) but surely they have to draw the line.

As regards
Many thousands of Jews have spoken out against Israel's genocide in Gaza.
that is thankfully true. Hasidic Jews in Manchester are some of very many Jews protesting on a daily basis. I welcome that. Personally I would be embarrassed to be Jewish at the moment, as I'd be worried about people who confuse my religion with supporting Israel's behaviour. I think Israel is a terrible ambassador for Judaism. But while these protests are great to see, except in very particular circumstances, I wouldn't equate them with heroism. It's just basic humanity that I would expect from any sane person. I certainly don't have any kind thoughts for Jewish people who are 'so far gone' they support Israel's current behaviour. It seems anyone who would do so has lost their sense of justice.

The progressive US congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has called on her fellow Michigan Democrats to vote “uncommitted” in the state’s presidential primary election – at the expense of the party’s incumbent, Joe Biden – in late February.
Appearing in a video posted to X on Saturday by Listen to Michigan, a political campaign to encourage the state’s voters to vote “uncommitted” in the 27 February primary, Tlaib justified her stark display of displeasure with Biden by alluding to Israel’s military strikes on Gaza, which local authorities say have killed nearly 29,000 Palestinians since last October.

A majority of voters in the US believe Joe Biden is just too old to be an effective president, according to a new poll by the New York Times and Siena College.

According to the poll’s results, 73% of all registered voters believe Biden is too old to be effective, in turn revealing spreading concerns about the 81-year-old president’s mental competency.

advertisement

Back