advertisement

Is it too late for Biden to retire?

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
Just heard bumblin’ Joe mumbling away on the radio.

Up there with 50% of Corbyn’s front bench in the ‘well intentioned but profoundly unsuitable for high office’ stakes. The man should be in sheltered housing, not the bloody White House.

Surely it’s not too late to replace him with someone young and dynamic that could pull the rug out from under Trump?

Well his VP, can't even remember her name! seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. So "just in case" makes sense. I have a strange feeling that anything could happen in America over the next 9 months.

I wonder why a Jewish accomplice to genocide would be a better POTUS than a woman of afro/irish/tamil descent ? Let me think for a while.
Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad as the zionists are so powerful only a Jew could make them back down.

I find it strange that a country with a population over 300 million will elect one of two geriatrics for the most powerful job in the world. It just confirms my belief that once you hit 65, you should start spending your life pruning roses or waffling away on social media. The world is for the young, let them decide how it goes.

Arrogant twat, if he loses and I am continually told by clever people who have the facts: "he will win don't worry". But I am worried because people vote for so many reasons, most more emotional than rational and sometimes just to shake it up.
So if he loses it will because he put himself and his ego above doing the right thing- resigning and making sure Trump loses... and yes it's too late now. Trump must be rubbing his tiny hands to be up against demented sleepy Joe

It looks as if the USA will shortly become essentially a gangster state, run by a mob boss. I hope the Europeans (and the UK) are taking note and preparing to be left in the lurch.

I find it strange that a country with a population over 300 million will elect one of two geriatrics for the most powerful job in the world. It just confirms my belief that once you hit 65, you should start spending your life pruning roses or waffling away on social media. The world is for the young, let them decide how it goes.
I think the system itself is the problem, Mick. Like the Constitution, it was instituted 250 years ago, when the USA was smaller and things were simpler. The present job is simply too big for one person.

He won’t have to hold up for too much longer, he’ll lose the election IMHO.
Maybe the Democrats will replace him with Kamala Harris or Blinken. He simply can't run for president. Did you see the 20 seconds in which he confused G7 with NATO, France with Germany, and called Macron Mitterand? And he's not going to get better!

Maybe the Democrats will replace him with Kamala Harris or Blinken. He simply can't run for president. Did you see the 20 seconds in which he confused G7 with NATO, France with Germany, and called Macron Mitterand? And he's not going to get better!
He's not medically fit to stand and equally incapable of holding office as Trump, although for wildly different reasons.

A responsible employer would send him home and tell him to retire on medical grounds.

I'm starting to form a view that, in general, politicians don't win elections, they lose them. The 'winner' gets in because the other party lost rather than because they are positively voted into office. So it's a question of who has the least support, not who has the most. I worry that Biden might be slipping into that category.

To go back to the OP, is it still possible to replace him as Democratic Party candidate? Isn't the final decision at the Party Convention?

He was talking about President Sisi of Mexico sealing the border to Gaza the other day.

And how after he was elected, he met President Mitterand of Germany... France. Who died in 1996.

Biden is a shambles. The idea he can do another four or five years is a joke.

I think the system itself is the problem, Mick. Like the Constitution, it was instituted 250 years ago, when the USA was smaller and things were simpler. The present job is simply too big for one person.
And very few people lived to such an age. Being president required much more physical energy back then too.

advertisement

Back