advertisement

Is a *istD a good secondhand buy?

If you buy a body I have a 50/1.4M you can have for free Patrick. It's just sat around the place doing not very much.
There is a documented fault with the metering of the K10D when using non-A lenses. Not much of a problem if you're going to use independent light metering ...

James

Is the AF FA 50mm 1.4 as good as the older ones? Since As and Ms go for £80-90, and a new AF one is about £50 more, maybe it's better to buy new.

Exactly the process I went through; then as it was for work took the VAT off as well and there was no decision really. Being new to DSLRs, having the whole lot talk to each other was/is very useful.

Exactly the process I went through; then as it was for work took the VAT off as well and there was no decision really. Being new to DSLRs, having the whole lot talk to each other was/is very useful.
I have/had all three variants (M-50/1.4, A-50/1.4 and FA-50/1.4) and can confirm the FA variant is just as optically good as the manual lenses. They are all, however, bettered by the FA35/2AL, which is a fantastic lens and a bit closer to giving a natural perspective with the DSLR.

James

OK, I seem to have won a K10D from eBay for £205. It comes with a 28-80 zoom which has mixed reviews on the web, and from which I'm not expecting a lot. It's cheap because it has a crack in the top lcd plastic cover, which I'm assuming that either I can live with, or get replaced for not too much money.

The exposure with manual lenses thing, seems to be down to either the standard focusing screen and/or to people not understanding the default metering mode - so I guess I'll have to give it a go and find out!

Of course, once I get it, all those great photo opportunities I've been seeing recently, will just vanish ...

Look forward to seeing you (well not you but your glorious photos) on PAW.

(I'm still toing and froing between being dishonest and getting a K20D for myself or being honest and getting an Alpha 200 for Katya).

There's a NIB Samsung GX10 on eBay, that did have a BIN of £275 (which disappeared when someone made the opening bid). Could be the prefect compromise?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I haven't quite figured out how to drive this thing yet, but here's a shot of one of our 'neigh'bours

BTW Matthew, you have a PM.

Picture%20034-2small.jpg

advertisement

Back