advertisement

iPhone 14 announcement

I do like the idea of even a limited satellite capability in a mobile phone however for my use case (for potential emergency use when walking in remote areas with no mobile reception) the battery life of a phone is likely to be an issue, especially when compared to something like the Garmin Inreach mini (which is the most popular choice at the moment).

It's still a nice to have feature though.

iOS 16 downloaded and installed, after 15.7.

let’s see how this goes.
Same here. Fancy, customisable lock screen and battery percentage are two things I like (even though they’re also kind of pointless!).
I was intrigued to be offered 15.7 and 16 at the same time. Considered going straight to 16, as I’m sure it would’ve been fine, but in the end went there via 15.7.

Mick

I’ve just gone straight for 16, it’s doing its thing now. No equivalent for the iPad, only 15.7 on offer there.

My 6s is about to be unsupported so the 2020SE my wife doesn’t prefer to the original SE is about to become my new phone. It fits into my old 6s case too. A true PFM member shows a determined disregard for the latest phone;)

I’ve used iOS 16 for two months now. Very stable from day one. I like the treatment app, very convenient (I have a lot of pills to swallow every day). I tend to forget my medication quite regularly and the iwatch buzzes to alert me. You do need watchOS 9 too.
The sleep app is also very useful to me, with my pathology.

Useful iOS 16 feature:

In settings, tap on your WiFi password, and face recognition does its thing, then your WiFi password appears, with an option to copy.

I’ve not got much further than playing with the lock screen so far. What are folk’s fav features.

PS Clock fonts are disappointing. I want 7 segment LEDs, nixie tubes, and a fully functional 1970s flip-clock with sound.

If you have a picture of a person on the lock screen, and activate ‘depth’, they appear in front of the clock, “which is nice.”

Tapping and holding on an object or person in a picture in Photos cuts just that object or person out and allows you to drop it anywhere - Notes, for example.

Mick

Lot of info here (if you have the time to watch the entire video - I'm watching it in ten minute chunks, with my phone by my side and a finger hovering over the remote's pause button):-

Mick

I like the big bold time on the front screen of my iPhone 8.

Can now tell the time without using my glasses.

Apart from that nothing much for me, use it as a phone, camera and WhatsApp.

advertisement

Back