advertisement

iPhone 14 announcement

I have a 7, it does everything o need but battery life is crap & memory needs constant vigilance. But it’s a work phone so doesn’t cost me anything.

Until some challenging times with my family over the last 18 months, my iPhone was similar to yours: three forums, a handful of apps, lots of camera use (19,000+ images, and that’s after regular culls) and occasional use as an iPod.

Only 50Gb left… I think we can see one reason why I might need a new iPhone at some point!

Edit: I’m on 161Gb of data with EE, about £20/month.

Just pay for more storage on the iCloud rather more on the handset - you can get 200GB for £2.50 per/month or 2TB for £7 per month

I’m using an IPhone 8 that I inherited from my former employer upon retirement. Still very similar to the current SE, but 4g instead of 5g. Does everything I need for now. I’ll upgrade my 8 when the iOS updates stop. Mrs. Hook has had a 13 Pro for about a year and loves it.

Just pay for more storage on the iCloud rather more on the handset - you can get 200GB for £2.50 per/month or 2TB for £7 per month
Which is great if you live somewhere and only visit places with great 4G or 5G. That’s often not the case for me.

Showing family and friends fuzzy low res pics is pointless.

I have a 13 Pro. Mrs Wb has my (bought from new) X. In another two years Mrs Wb will inherit the 13 Pro and I’ll buy the 16 Pro (or whatever they call the 2024 upgrade).

We’re both very happy with this pattern, which effectively costs £400 per year for us both to have a phone supported by Apple.

Showing family and friends fuzzy low res pics is pointless.

I agree, but there’s award winning pictures taken on numerous iPhone models so a good picture does not necessarily need the latest tech

Taken on iPhone 4

51993649718_0410b9408f_h.jpg

I agree, but there’s award winning pictures taken on numerous iPhone models so a good picture does not necessarily need the latest tech

Taken on iPhone 4

51993649718_0410b9408f_h.jpg
No no. What I mean is, if photos are stored in the cloud, and I’m in a poor mobile signal area, I can’t show full res photos to anyone. I can only show low res thumbnails. For the sake of £100 for the extra 128Gb, I’d rather have the extra convenience. With the 14 Pro, for another 256Gb it’s £220. I’d definitely pay that. It’s £50-70 per year for me.

I watched some of the one and a half hour brainwashing video from the plastic CGI people who live in their impossibly clean imaginary circle building from the future last night. Nothing there I actually want to spend my money on, I’d not use any of the 14 features that aren’t on my 13 (I keep a phone for many, many years, so mine is brand new as far as I’m concerned). I don’t wear a watch. The thing I found the most interesting and arguably the most relevant to pfm is the technology behind the new AirPod headphones which will apparently model their frequency and spacial response based on 3d photos of your ears you can take with an iPhone. If that actually works it is pretty radical stuff!
Totally agree. I’m still with an iPhone12 Pro. Couldn’t see the need to go to 13 and nothing new on 14.
I do have airpod pros. However, i cannot get a seal using any of the buds. I’ve tried multiple after market buds with no success. Really disappointing. I’m not prepared to pay more for something which will still not work properly in my ears. Guess my next step would be to get custom buds made.

As do many others I’ve spoken to. The fit but do not form “Seal” when you check. Do you have a pair of AirPod pros?

If you are talking to me yes, and my son. Fantastic devices, they come with 3 sets to check with although they work perfect out of the box for me no problem with seals what so ever, they wont come out unless I take them out.

I had an issue where one seemed to sound like a crunch when ever I took a step it went away if I turned ANC off. Went to apple store they replaced both sides under a recall programme they have so if anyone else is hearing weirdness which goes away with ANC turned off get thee to an apple store.

Apple sold 100 million pairs of airpods in 2020 alone, it is of course inevitable some will have difficulty but it is in no way a 'Thing'

Well none of the three buds formed a seal no matter what. I’ve had two different after market bud sets and none of these formed a seal. I have two friends who report the same thing. I’d love to get a seal. Just not happening.

Well none of the three buds formed a seal no matter what. I’ve had two different after market bud sets and none of these formed a seal. I have two friends who report the same thing. I’d love to get a seal. Just not happening.

That’s disappointing to hear, I was considering getting a pair of the new pros, but might need to see if I can try the fitting out first.

@Spike have you tried the Comply after market tips for the AirPods? They come in 3 sizes and foam should adapt to form a seal in your ear.

Yes they were the first I tried. No luck. On a positive they did refund me and said they would send me their next generation buds in the future.

advertisement

Back