advertisement

Innuos Pulse Mini

I won't be able to use a wired internet connection. If I use a Wi-Fi multiplier or another router and then hardwire innuos, will it work fine?
System dependant, and just what you are doing with said 'Innuos' box.
If you are using a Zen series to just play local stored files, all the WiFi is doing is sending instructions and it can and does work.
If you are using either Zen or Pulse series via this method to stream from the likes of Qobuz, it can and does work, but will be sub optimal - as they explain on their site / web blog.
As for differences with Stored (in the Innuos box) V Streamed, Streamed is actually rather good here, but there are differences to be heard.
Your MMV and can be 'kit dependant' and also what you are looking for musically.
Wired direct ethernet is highly preferable.

System dependant, and just what you are doing with said 'Innuos' box.
If you are using a Zen series to just play local stored files, all the WiFi is doing is sending instructions and it can and does work.
If you are using either Zen or Pulse series via this method to stream from the likes of Qobuz, it can and does work, but will be sub optimal - as they explain on their site / web blog.
As for differences with Stored (in the Innuos box) V Streamed, Streamed is actually rather good here, but there are differences to be heard.
Your MMV and can be 'kit dependant' and also what you are looking for musically.
Wired direct ethernet is highly preferable.
Thanks, will check out Innuos blog

Just to say that I have been using wi-fi via cheap repeater since first obtaining my Zenith and it was lovely. Upgrading to a TP-Link has brought a significant leap but no-one who heard either configuration would ever have described it as sub-optimal. If your broadband is solid then so will your Innuos device be.

I experimented by loosely laying the 40m of ethernet I would otherwise need and leaving it in place for a few weeks. The three people in this household could hear no difference so rather than rip up carpets; carpet dividers and run it through and down walls we’ve stuck with wi-if and have no regrets.

Very occasionally the Sense app will glitch and lose the current album playing page but it is very occasionally and i’ve not lost sleep over it as it seems a price worth paying.

Just to say that I have been using wi-fi via cheap repeater since first obtaining my Zenith and it was lovely. Upgrading to a TP-Link has brought a significant leap but no-one who heard either configuration would ever have described it as sub-optimal. If your broadband is solid then so will your Innuos device be.

I experimented by loosely laying the 40m of ethernet I would otherwise need and leaving it in place for a few weeks. The three people in this household could hear no difference so rather than rip up carpets; carpet dividers and run it through and down walls we’ve stuck with wi-if and have no regrets.

Very occasionally the Sense app will glitch and lose the current album playing page but it is very occasionally and I’ve not lost sleep over it as it seems a price worth paying.
Very helpful, thanks. I have a redundant TP link router that I can use.

advertisement

Back