advertisement

Indian eVisas rejected constructive advice please (we are due to depart Friday 29th March!)

1964meb

pfm Member
Hi Folks

To our horror our eVisas to India have been rejected this morning. We are due to depart on Friday am. We are in danger of losing the holiday (and all the costs of the holiday)

eVisas cannot be applied for more than 30 days before departure. We have spend 2 weeks trying to sort the pics!!! There have been some issues with pics and ambiguous instructions

the reason given for the eVisa being rejected is "Passport image is not clear/ not uploaded / not reuploaded"

The first of the eVisa page stated the (head and shoulders) pic must be 1MB max and a JPeg file (and white background, no shadows etc) Also a passport pic with our passport particulars is also needed. There is nowhere (obvious) to upload this to!

Later in the process when uploading the head and shoulders pic it says it has to be a PDF file of 300kB max

We uploaded the pics on tuesday least week. We did not spot that they had not been accepted until we got emails saying the image is not uploaded

We got friends to convert the JPEGs to small pdfs and re?? uploaded them on (in their final incarnation) on Thursday pm..

Now this rejection today. The rejection of the eViasa means (I think) that those applications are now closed (we cannot get into the evisa applications we have made on line any more)

We are in the last chance hotel here:

We have reapplied individually (and stated that our previous application was rejected because of the pic issue) We are getting new pics done tomorrow at 9am. we will complete the new eVisa applications tomorrow and will cross our fingers and toes

Any constructive advice is welcome!

Regards

Mike

You've probably seen this already. Good luck!

"If your application for a visa to India has been rejected, fortunately you have the option to reapply online after being notified of the refusal."

We recommend that you do not tick the box indicating that you have already applied for a visa that has been refused, but that you tick the box indicating that you have applied for a visa that has been rejected.

You've probably seen this already. Good luck!

"If your application for a visa to India has been rejected, fortunately you have the option to reapply online after being notified of the refusal."

We recommend that you do not tick the box indicating that you have already applied for a visa that has been refused, but that you tick the box indicating that you have applied for a visa that has been rejected.

Oh ! Ta Gavreid

I didn't see a tick box for a visa being rejected - Ill will look again when we have the new pics! I have just looked at the link. Many thanks for the advice

Regards

Mike + 1

Hi Sue,

I'm afraid that's not possible as we are in Notts and Working Tues Wed Thurs
I don't know how much you've invested in tickets etc. and whether your tickets are changeable/refundable, but you may need a special approach to get your visas sorted before next Friday. The HCI website indicates a minimum processing time for visas of 8 working days. It may be worth using an experienced agent to expedite this for you, or taking half a day off work to visit the nearest consulate (one listed in Birmingham). Not sure relying on e-Visas (that seem to be processed in India) is going to cut it.

ok So how many pictures does one need to upload per eVisa application?

Is it ONE or TWO - please someone let me know - the website is ..... a tad ambiguous !!!!!

There are a couple of references in the application process referring to passport pics with personal information ie a PDF of the passport main pic/ details /etc but nowhere to upload it to .

Many thanks again

Mike +1

Worth giving a visa agent a call? I think that we used these some years ago but there are many oth
Many thanks

But there has been no answer (many times!)

And the sodding Yorkshire puddings have not risen! yes ..... I know -- these are all first world 'problems' - - no bombs falling here

Mike+ 1 (Alexis)

I was in Calcutta at Christmas. Had the same issue. The photo has to be within the sizes given. Too small or too big and it will be rejected. Get it right and the visa is dead quick to come. It will be ok. Mine was rejected twice. 1st time couldn’t upload it (too big) 2nd time rejected cos too small/ blurred. Easiest way is go to a place with a modern scanner which has the ability to change the sizes of an image. I used my sister who works at an estate agent but any prontaprint type place will do it for nowt.

Perhaps some Fishie in the "Photo" room would be able to help you? Since it seems to be primarily a photography/file issue. ( Assuming you can work out what they actually want from you!)

Good luck. We had a lot of fun getting visas last year while eVisas were suspended due to covid. I was actually in the line at the visa centre in Hounslow when the news spread that eVisas were being reinstated that very day.

advertisement

Back