advertisement

Incident in london

Merlin, I have only just realised what video you were referring to :rolleyes:

I'm presuming it's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fifKYmjbVCk

I wasn't aware of it until just now.

Now I understand where you're coming from.
I still don't see how the individual is relevant here, it was the act that matters, I suppose you would need to ask yourself, if you or a friend/family member was about to be stabbed, would you consider this person's motives before allowing him to intervene on your behalf, I doubt anyone would care.

I still don't see how the individual is relevant here, it was the act that matters, I suppose you would need to ask yourself, if you or a friend/family member was about to be stabbed, would you consider this person's motives before allowing him to intervene on your behalf, I doubt anyone would care.
True. But I think merlin is objecting to the guy being lauded as a hero. There's room for debate about that even though this specific act may have been praiseworthy.

For what it's worth, I don't care very much. The facts are clear enough and it doesn't really matter what words we choose to describe them.

A bit of class war is ok though. Blowing up Pimms drinkers is fine.

The fact that you draw such a loose analogy speaks volumes.

Immigrants are not making millions in suffer and causing deaths simply because of their beliefs.

Economic terrorism is a far greater threat to most than Islamic terrorism and it has vastly more supporters and activists in the UK.

Some call it a war. I'm on the side of the many not the few. How about you?

True. But I think merlin is objecting to the guy being lauded as a hero. There's room for debate about that even though this specific act may have been praiseworthy.

For what it's worth, I don't care very much. The facts are clear enough and it doesn't really matter what words we choose to describe them.
Could not agree more.

All I see is a guy who put his life at risk to help others, regardless of status, personal beliefs etc, people will label him as they see fit, It is certainly an act of bravery, though could also be called an act of stupidity, I imagine the police would call it this, so would the armed forces.

In a situation such as this, why look at the person, look at the act as this is all that matters here.

If one of the terrorists had a change of heart & decided to do the same, I do wonder how Merlin would have reacted to this act, I imagine plaudits would have been in order.

I still think that the racist scumbag carried out a heroic act.

It's like people running from a gang of violent criminals on Main Street just before Main Street is hit by an enemy missile.

The gang of violent criminals were being heroic trying to mug those people in a known war zone?

It's like people running from a gang of violent criminals on Main Street just before Main Street is hit by an enemy missile.

The gang of violent criminals were being heroic trying to mug those people in a known war zone?
I don't think the analogy fits because while the guy is obviously a racist scumbag there is no evidence that he was out to cause anyone harm that night, and in fact his efforts were heroic in that he faced potential death to save others.

Him being there was a plus, but while he was heroic then he's still a racist scumbag now.

The motivation for the violent criminals was assault and robbery.

The motivation for Millwall was quite possibly to 'ave some with some ****ing muslim scum.

That's where the judgement bit comes in and we'll never know.

Millwall himself said he thought he'd made a mistake in 'having a go, but that he'd had a few sherbets.

Anyway, one thing we can all agree on is that people are alive today because of his actions and we are grateful for that.

Anyway, one thing we can all agree on is that people are alive today because of his actions and we are grateful for that.

Oddly indulgent of you Merlin: some of them might not have been your kind of people at all. Would've expected you to use your head, wait for the facts to be established.

Not at all. Those people would have been unlikely to have been walking on London Bridge. They would have either been in a black cab or a Chelsea tractor trying to mow down pedestrians and cyclists themselves.

Besides which, I wouldn't want them attacked for the wrong reason ;)

We need them to fear the power of poor people, not simply a religion....

No it's not

Reason being "Millwall" wasn't carrying out a criminal act or abusing people or......he was having a pint in the pub, like many do here I have read.

The fact that you draw such a loose analogy speaks volumes.

Immigrants are not making millions in suffer and causing deaths simply because of their beliefs.

Economic terrorism is a far greater threat to most than Islamic terrorism and it has vastly more supporters and activists in the UK.

Some call it a war. I'm on the side of the many not the few. How about you?

You are a fundamentalist, Merlin, you brook no other point of view. Its your way or no way. Like all fundamentalists, your arguments, such as they are, don't stand up to any kind of scrutiny, and as soon as they come under that scrutiny, you deflect and start talking gibberish

I don't know whether I am on the side of the many or the few, but I certainly ain't on your side.

I have many friends who go to the Henley Regatta, by the way. Sometimes I go. We are all businessmen and women, doing what we can to pay our way through life, and, if we are lucky, get something put away for our dotages, and have some fun on the way. We pay our taxes. There's a couple of builders, an interior designer, a couple that do dog boarding and pet cremations, some farmers, a chap with a successful travel agency. Only one of our number is really one of your 'economic terrorists', an eye-wateringly successful hedge fund manager who has amassed, I am told, a billion pound fortune, and usually he is too busy to attend.

We all drink Pimms, and other stuff, like beer and wine, and, God forbid, even Champagne.

I very much hope that we don't meet you on your suicide bicycle next year.

I very much hope that we don't meet you on your suicide bicycle next year.

The worst you can expect is that merlin looks at you funny and thinks about keying your car, but won't have any keys on him.

(I had Pimms once, ages ago. Didn't think much of it).

advertisement

Back