advertisement

Ibuprofen

Handy tip you can combine one dose of ibuprofen with one of paracetamol if the pain is really bad or one alone did not sufficiently reduce fever. I learned that from a nurse at our pediatrician.

Also I find a combo of ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine really effective for congestion headaches.

In the US the wife has bought a tub of 1000 for $29 over the counter. AFAIK you can buy as many tubs as you like if 1000 is not enough!

I don't use Paracetamol as it contains caffeine, so I'm led to believe, and keeps me awake when I'm in bed.

yes , normal paracetamol does not contain caffeine, if you see stuff like paracetamol extra then it does

I buy morrisons own brand paracetamol and ibuprofen, the paracetamol is in capsule as the very cheapest tablets can stick in my throat, yuk.
I have been buying them regularly for at least 10 years, and there is sporadic weeks were one variety I purchase runs out of stock. This does not appear to be increasing in frequency in my experience.
As a frequent user I keep a backstock of 100+ tablets, not many.
I believe you can purchase large amounts of paracetamol or ibuprofen in a chemist. The restrictions in supermarkets has been around for ages, and is pointless in my opinion.

it would be interesting to know whether restricting sales of paracetamol reduces suicide which is the aim i believe . many years ago i used to ram massive tubes down folks throats and tip fluid down them to make them vomit after od`s of paracetamol in A&e departments:( . not quite sure what they do now but it can be extremely fatal to take too much paracetamol and a few liver transplants are folks who have done this

Combining acetaminophen and ibuprofen, one of each, is very effective. Some studies claim as good or better than opioids. It worked well for my last dental nightmare. If my stomach bled a little or my BP went up, so be it; I can get that from reading the Brexit thread.

it would be interesting to know whether restricting sales of paracetamol reduces suicide which is the aim i believe . many years ago i used to ram massive tubes down folks throats and tip fluid down them to make them vomit after od`s of paracetamol in A&e departments:( . not quite sure what they do now but it can be extremely fatal to take too much paracetamol and a few liver transplants are folks who have done this

I had a friend at university who took a bottle of 100 - I had to take him to hospital - luckily he survived, in fact he would be known to some on a music forum like this :) Thing is a 16 pack or two is more than enough to 'do the job' as it were, death from liver failure is not to be recommended.

Ibuprofen has been contra-indicated to other ailments and medicines in past reports. I've heard that when in pain, take dope; it doesn't reduce the pain but does make it more enjoyable.

I've heard that when in pain, take dope; it doesn't reduce the pain but does make it more enjoyable.

Cool. I wonder if there'll be a "My doctor wants me to drink wine for my heart. Can I still take Vicodins like breath mints while I try that?" thread.

That was the aim, and I would be interested to know as well. Difficult to assess with all the variables. Agreed re: how paracetamol affects the liver. Most unpleasant. I have seen an overdose being treated in A&E, not pretty.

boots in nottingham churn out ibuprofen by the tonne each day, nerofen and genetic brands but don't know how much is for export

advertisement

Back