advertisement

Ian Curtis Mcr mural 'obliterated' with Rapper Aitch's new album artwork

Ah…. My monkeys, ok. I think I was talking in general terms about the value society put’s on Art, but anyway. Fine geddit now. I’d forgotten about my words hoho.

Diverting the thread somewhat has anyone any idea how the Aitch advert was actually done? I’ve seen a few examples of this kind of advertising of late and I don’t understand the technology. It looks like print/graphics but seems to be painted on rather than printed posters or a wrap. I can’t imagine anyone was arsed to actually paint it by hand to that degree of precision so I’m curious what it is?

Diverting the thread somewhat has anyone any idea how the Aitch advert was actually done? I’ve seen a few examples of this kind of advertising of late and I don’t understand the technology. It looks like print/graphics but seems to be painted on rather than printed posters or a wrap. I can’t imagine anyone was arsed to actually paint it by hand to that degree of precision so I’m curious what it is?

Looks like it was done using pre-cut stencils.

1_JH_MEN_160822iancurtismuralJPG.jpg

I also considered that it could be laser-cut vinyl decals, but later pictures shows the letters being painted out, not pulled off.

newFile-1.jpg

advertisement

Back