advertisement

I just don't get it...

In terms of bunching up, I don't think 20 Watts between each is too close. In general though and not directed at rega manufacturers will want their top end amps to be more powerful than the lower ones from a marketing point of view. However with regards rega I would say there is more differentiation than just power, if you look at the designs they are different and just not down to power. Eg. New brio has separate power supply's for pre and power, elex and elicit share same power amp stage but different pre, aethos is dual mono. So it's not just a case of power and more to do with design and quality, although that is obviously subjective. The additional power is useful though if you have difficult speakers or large spaces.

My original inquiry has been side-swiped though: why have so many integrateds bunched up power-wise in the Rega lineup?

I think the question has been answered. Rega are making, pricing and selling the amps based on sound quality. Power output is not their first concern.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back