advertisement

How to catalogue LP collection

Similarly, I use L shaped plastic extrusion glued in reverse at the back to keep the albums all lined up.

I thought about doing something but in the end found it mostly a non issue for me as I'm just a bit more careful placing records back in place. I prefer to keep the spines lined up with the front edge so that they can be well lit and easy to read. Adding a stop along the bottom is a good idea but I was concerned about denting the lower portion of the album cover.

My other three record racks all have backs to them and put the spine right toward the front edge.

Music Collector for me. I can export the collection to a version on my phone and have the listing with me whenever I need. It also allows the import of a (formatted) text file if you have your collection already catalogued in some other way. It does do the hand-held scanner thing (although I haven't got one) and can automatically scan CDs when you load them into your PCs CD tray.

Do you get VFM paying for it ?
Do you have the Standard of Pro ?
(I assume you have more than the free version allows !)

Hi Mike

I can't remember which I have - probably the cheaper of the two. I can't remember what I paid - it's not a great deal, but not having to sit and type the details in is worthwhile for me. I like the little phone app - it saves buying stuff I already have (as someone else commented on further up).

(Just had a look - standard version is what I have - just £18)

Gavin

Thanks Gavin
Most useful for those who have yet to start cataloging I guess.
I'll certainly keep it in mind if I get a mobile phone !

advertisement

Back