advertisement

How powerful is a Nait 2?

I used LP12, nait2 and mk 1 Kanns in an enormous room and they went loud enough to disturb the neighbours.
I had previously used them in a smaller room 16’x14’ but with a low ceiling and it never seemed to be loud enough. I suspect placement and sound wave cancellation may have had something to do with this apparent inconsistency

Nait2 CB has a constant voltage logo supply circuit, Nait2 olive has a constant current supply. Both are to stop the display dimming with sagging power rails when driven hard.
Hey Mark, Have you ever encountered one of these, and did it have an illuminated logo?

naim-nait-2.jpg

Craig - that’s a rare Nait2 CB. They did have illuminated logos but many of them die because of a cheap circuit board and constant voltage rather than constant current power supply driving it. It’s all fixable still

Thanks, Mark.

@MJS,

The reason I asked is because the one depicted above appears to have the same graphic logo stencilling on matte plastic sheet as does NAIT 1; whereas, that of NAIT 2 CB green logo version (below) shows as a dull plastic lens when not illuminated.

1289257113.jpg

EDIT: I've just now had a zoom in on the previous picture via the GF's iMac, and the fascia appears more like that of NAIT2 olive, in that the characters all appear slightly raised (drop shadow like) from the black backing. Could it be that the dull green logo came first with the other variant, being an olive precursor? Perhaps, with the fascia being of a translucent matte finish sheet, with stencilling on front and black coating on back (except for where the logo is, to allow the light to shine through).

Regardless, I want one of those!

Last edited:
Regardless, I want one of those!
They ain't cheap. I sold my Class A serviced one (without original box) for £800 to Asia. It was absolutely mint though, like those pics. They seem to snap up a lot of very good condition Naits and ship them out to Asia themselves.

They are the best looking version but I still preferred my red LED Nait 1 when it came to listening :)

They ain't cheap. I sold my Class A serviced one (without original box) for £800 to Asia. It was absolutely mint though, like those pics. They seem to snap up a lot of very good condition Naits and ship them out to Asia themselves.

They are the best looking version but I still preferred my red LED Nait 1 when it came to listening :)
I've both NAITs 1, 2 here, and I tend to waffle as to which I prefer with what speakers at any particular time.

NAIT 2 has generally sounded a bit more refined to me, however, the original has always offered a bit more excitement, although this doesn't always go well with all music types, so I keep coming back to NAIT 2 as the better all-rounder.
Sorry, I don't recognise it - what is it?
'Tis a wee Royd, also found in ELA Mk1 as RR11.

I've both NAITs 1, 2 here, and I tend to waffle as to which I prefer with what speakers at any particular time.

NAIT 2 has generally sounded a bit more refined to me, however, the original has always offered a bit more excitement, although this doesn't always go well with all music types, so I keep coming back to NAIT 2 as the better all-rounder.

'Tis a wee Royd, also found in ELA Mk1 as RR11.
Thanks Craig. I did wonder and took a look at my ELAs but the photo looked different to me.

I too prefer the presentation of the Nait 2 which I think is part of what you're saying. Although they can sound quite different if you've lived with either one for some time, in the grand scheme of things theres very little difference between them.

Thanks Craig. I did wonder and took a look at my ELAs but the photo looked different to me.

I too prefer the presentation of the Nait 2 which I think is part of what you're saying. Although they can sound quite different if you've lived with either one for some time, in the grand scheme of things theres very little difference between them.
The later Rega RR125 driver is just as good, possibly better (better finished basket, that's for sure), and still available as parts.

s-l1600.jpg

advertisement

Back