advertisement

How often do you clean the insides of your amps

Ah have covers for pre and power amps. Room window vent is open at least 9/10 months a year. Zero dust , despite living only 30yds from a by-pass ( excellent double-glazing).Only had the bottom cover off the amps once in 6 years - showroom condition insideā€¦

Last edited:
I once used an air duster and when sprayed it started blowing freezing liquid which froze the electronics for a brief moment šŸ˜±
No damage but phew!

Dust really is a problem in our house because my wife has a dust-specific blindness. However, our allergies would be bereft if the place was spick and span. No allergenic influence on the kit despite the layers of dust which form on those parts (shelves, table) not covered by cloths when not in use. I also cover my speakers with sheets. Looks awful but makes sense and who cares anyway? Even the record player collects a fine dust film despite having a heavy 'over everything' acrylic cover, although with rear cable access area.

I use a little rechargeable air blower designed for inside computers/electronics. You just need to take care as it is very powerful.

advertisement

Back