advertisement

How much??!!

Don't knock them - made by nice people.

Pre pandemic the Falcon room at Munich was one of the few places playing real music rather than "audiophile" crap.

"Does the new Falcon Acoustics LS3/5a 2024 Limited Edition improve on this already impressive showing, then? In a word, yes. It's not a dramatic, night and day transformation"

For folk with cash to burn then.

This product is not aimed at the UK market. It is for the countries where this speaker is very highly regarded and owners often have multiple different versions. I suspect this will do well in those market places.

I don't get it. Aren't they all supposed to sound exactly the same? And surely the 11 ohm version is superior as it's engineered to support a wider tolerance in the drivers?
David Price seems like a very decent bloke. But I read the review thinking exactly the same thing. I would also admit that I cant see the value in the Falcon speakers. They are all expensive for what you get.

Yes, but if I had the new ones I'd have an expensive pair and a really expensive pair ;)

On a less flippant note, if a business can make a beautiful and desirable thing that will sell.........well that's business !

And on a human level, I'd rather see something like this sold than shitloads of landfill crap made by an exploited workforce.

And on a more realistic note, I wish Falcon would sell those cool covers separately at Ā£50. I love them.

Falcon Naim / Linn / W
Yes, but if I had the new ones I'd have an expensive pair and a really expensive pair ;)

On a less flippant note, if a business can make a beautiful and desirable thing that will sell.........well that's business !

And on a human level, I'd rather see something like this sold than shitloads of landfill crap made by an exploited workforce.

And on a more realistic note, I wish Falcon would sell those cool covers separately at Ā£50. I love them.

We all perceive value differently if course. I'd like to add my further thoughts on this as I find the subject really engaging.
If I could afford a Ā£35k car (I can't !), I'd much rather have a Ā£22k car and these speakers.
Anyway, this is all fanciful irrelevance :rolleyes:

At least Falcon have made expensive investments in cloning the original drivers. There are several very expensive speakers out there using drivers straight out of an OEM catalogue

advertisement

Back