advertisement

How many records/CDs

About 70 LPs exclusively Folk - some quite rare but played to death with tatty covers; about 450 CDs 60/40 Folk/other.

What are your top 5 LPs by median value, no box sets?

George Michael - Symphonica double L.P. £395 average. my copy is nr/mint
George Michael - original Older L.P. £371 average
Speaker Corner Crime of the Century - £233 average - mine is nr/mint condition
Led Zep II misprint £185 Average (Vg+)
Kraftwerk - Kraftwerk U.K. Swirls (VG+) average £152

a close runner up is Killing Joke in Dub triple album with c.d. at £149 average (my copy is nr/mint)

top boxset is £300 average (mine is nr/mint)

Tom Moulton – Philadelphia International Classics: The Tom Moulton Remixes - Special Vinyl Edition​

Just because a 7" found it's way into my top 5 I thought it would be fun to see what the top 5 7"s were.

War Zone - Lower East Side Crew - £138
Napalm Death - One And The Same (test pressing) - £94
Sonic Youth - (Over)Kill Yr Idols - £82
Traumatic - The Morbid Act Of A Sadistic Rape Incision - £60 (rather dubious Swedish death metal!)
Godspeed You Black Emperor! / Fly Pan Am - Sunshine + Gasoline / L'espace Au Sol Est Redessiné Par D'immenses Panneaux Bleus - £59

...and bizarrely at #6 is an early 90s bootleg pressing of Nirvana - Love Buzz worth £58!

My top five aren't as impressive as those of others here, but here goes:-

1) Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? - £176.10
2) The Wailers - Catch a Fire - £140.84
3) Oasis - Be Here Now - £106.39
4) Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime - £100
5) 40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room - £98.40

(and The Shining soundtrack bubbling under those at £84.92!)

Mick

I like this game, I was quite surprised too!

Darkthrone – A Blaze In The Northern Sky (Deluxe, Limited, Numbered, Reissue, Clear) £276
The Fall - Imperial Wax Solvent £168
Diamond Head (2) - Lightning To The Nations £167
Rudimentary Peni - Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric £164
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad Of The Broken Seas £148

Closely followed by more Fall, Melvins, Bolt Thrower, Repulsion and Aphex Twin.

I wasn't surprised by the 7"s though

Rudimentary Peni - Rudimentary Peni £116
Rudimentary Peni - Farce £88
J.F.A. - Blatant Localism EP £82
Rudimentary Peni - The Underclass £65
The Swindonians - The Swindonians E.P. £40

I like this game, I was quite surprised too!

Darkthrone – A Blaze In The Northern Sky (Deluxe, Limited, Numbered, Reissue, Clear) £276
The Fall - Imperial Wax Solvent £168
Diamond Head (2) - Lightning To The Nations £167
Rudimentary Peni - Pope Adrian 37th Psychristiatric £164
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad Of The Broken Seas £148

Closely followed by more Fall, Melvins, Bolt Thrower, Repulsion and Aphex Twin.

I wasn't surprised by the 7"s though

Rudimentary Peni - Rudimentary Peni £116
Rudimentary Peni - Farce £88
J.F.A. - Blatant Localism EP £82
Rudimentary Peni - The Underclass £65
The Swindonians - The Swindonians E.P. £40
My copy of the Repulsion LP was at #6 : )

My white label copy of A Blaze In The Northern Sky in generic Peaceville sleeve comes in at #13 at £95 - another case of the promo copy being worth substantially less than the regular first press (in this case a £400-500 record!)

My copy of the Repulsion LP was at #6 : )

My white label copy of A Blaze In The Northern Sky in generic Peaceville sleeve comes in at #13 at £95 - another case of the promo copy being worth substantially less than the regular first press (in this case a £400-500 record!)
I didn't realise that about white labels.

I was quite surprised how high the Fall albums were, I hadn't really paid any attention to what they were worth (not that I'd ever get rid).

Good Game, indeed -
According to discogs my highest median value individual LP records are;

Govt. Mule - Dose (Standard black vinyl dble) - £297.25
Liquid Tension Experiment 1 - £262.40
Govt. Mule - Dose (Red vinyl, numbered, one of 200 signed by the band) - £205
Liquid Tension Experiment 2 - £175.71
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (MFSL) - £175.12

The red vinyl signed Govt. Mule tops the list if sorted by Max value - someone sold one of those for £871.47, and the regular black one has achieved over £600 ....

I didn't realise that about white labels.

I was quite surprised how high the Fall albums were, I hadn't really paid any attention to what they were worth (not that I'd ever get rid).
I think it can go either way - surprising because you'd think the white label would be rarer.

I'm really surprised how high the Fall albums are. I guess everyone bought the CD (me included!)

I'm really surprised how high the Fall albums are. I guess everyone bought the CD (me included!)

I’ve not checked, but I suspect it is the many less well known ones especially those that fell in the 1994-00 CD era. There are a remarkable number of Fall albums!

The ones I have on vinyl (Witch Trials, Dragnet, Slates, Wonderful Frightening World, Nation’s Saving Grace, Kurious Oranj, Bend Sinister) are all in the £30-60 median value. Experience tells me really good condition Fall albums are pretty rare though, so I suspect I could get more for most of them.

I’ve not checked, but I suspect it is the many less well known ones especially those that fell in the 1994-00 CD era. There are a remarkable number of Fall albums!

The ones I have on vinyl (Witch Trials, Dragnet, Slates, Wonderful Frightening World, Nation’s Saving Grace, Kurious Oranj, Bend Sinister) are all in the £30-60 median value. Experience tells me really good condition Fall albums are pretty rare though, so I suspect I could get more for most of them.
I think you're right. I just had a quick look and noticed I hadn't added Twenty Seven Points - £60.

My copy of Dragnet won't be making top dollar - the sleeve is 'well loved' complete with £2 Music & Video Exchange sticker!

advertisement

Back