advertisement

How many Exposure users out there?

UKSwede

pfm Member
Just wondered how many Expo users are out there and what is your gear,why you choose it and why you stay with them? Prob. more Naim owners out there..

My stuff...

Expo XI Pre
Expo IX Power Supply
Expo IV Single( had it 22 years!!)
Expo IV Dual Regulated

Cant seem to think what I could ever replace them with...

I was Exposure user. More than 10 years ago i was using XV Super and then 21RX and XVII Super. It was a looong time ago. I think, that XV S is one of the best integrated ever made.

I have a XI pre with a IX power supply and a IVDR2 Power amp
I love the sound a have done for a couple of years.
I MUST confess last week I bought four NVA amps second hand, bloody hell they are very good amps indeed. I still have the Expo stuff though.

In 1992 I bought an Exposure 15 after comparing it with 42.5, Snaps, 140. Several years later purchased the newly released 13 as a source-first improvement to team with the 15. Shortly after was presented with a nice deal for a 19/18 which allowed me to move the 15 to a secondary system.

All pieces get a lot of use and I can't ever see selling or replacing any of them which also goes for the remainder of my hi-fi gear as well.

Hi
Just got back to an Exposure system after having VII,VI x2, IV Dual In the 80's
I now have VII,VIII, but still intend to add more Exposure.
Exposure really is a brand that can command loyalty:)

I have had exposure amps since 1990, initially a 15 and then by 1995 I completed my current set up (via an 11, 9 and 8's) which is a 14 (not really used now - DAC straight into crossover), 5 active crossover, 9 power supply for the 5 and 14 and three IVDR2.

On the whole very happy with it. Certainly don't feel any inclination to change it.

I use a VII pre and VI psu with a wad kel34. Had it 8 years. Looks brand new still.

It's a quality bit of kit, doesn't look flash on the outer but the inner is what its all about.

Been using Exposure gear since 1985. Started with the 6/7/8, went through just about all the Farlowe iterations. Ended up with 4 x 16s and one of the new MCX pre's. Had a huge range of other amps at home, but always end up back with Exposure. Have heard amps that have a different presentation, but never 'better'.

Currently using xi pre, xii psu and iv dr power. Would love a ix psu. Brilliant amps.

What are people's opinions on servicing these? They almost certainly haven't been done for a looong time.

I read a review of the 18 in Gramaphone magazine that said the amp operated in Class A up to 10 watts. I imagine that's where it's at the majority of the time with my 96db efficient speakers listening in a 70-80db range.

I've had a X1,V1 Super V111 set up since 1992 and have been happy with that until I got the itch this year and upgraded to another Exposure set up, this time X1,X!! and V!DR.
The old set up will be for sale shortly if anyones interested.
Steve

Been into hifi for 40 years now and no matter what different amps I have bought and listened to I have always come back to Exposure.

Luckily, I have recently been in a position to treat myself to the ultimate in Exposure amplification - the MCX pre and a pair of MCX monoblocks. These power a pair of PMC MB2i speakers.

Just one word for this combo - addictive. I don't like leaving the house any more!

What are people's opinions on servicing these? They almost certainly haven't been done for a looong time.

Exactly a valid issue

I'm a long term fan of the Farlowe stuff however we are writing 2012 and most of it most likely need some kind of service

My last XV or was it a XX was ok but by far did my 32.5/160 walk over it.
Not to mention when I added a SnapsII - maybe not a fair compare but I preferred my 5i amp over a XX.
The 90'ies stuff are fine but now a bit long in teeth

2010 or 3010 was complete uninteresting IMO, never heard their latest stuff.

I just had my 21, 13 and 18 super serviced in the US. They came back sounding incredible. PM me if you want contact info of the servicer.

I have had my VI, VII and VIII since 1990, preferring them at the time to the equivalent NAIM and the first Linn amp. My only criticism is they they are sensitive to the surface they sit on, the featherweight VII needing a light spiked table. They have always sounded great and are unserviced. Last week they went on the 'backup' pile, though I may use the VI and VII as a phono stage.

The replacement is an ATC integrated, still very much running in, which is a bit more grippy and dynamic but similar sounding in many ways.

Exactly a valid issue

I'm a long term fan of the Farlowe stuff however we are writing 2012 and most of it most likely need some kind of service

My last XV or was it a XX was ok but by far did my 32.5/160 walk over it.
Not to mention when I added a SnapsII - maybe not a fair compare but I preferred my 5i amp over a XX.
The 90'ies stuff are fine but now a bit long in teeth

hardly a major issue: Exposure still service all their old equipment. I've had amps come back after a re-cap sounding fabulous.

advertisement

Back