advertisement

How many Exposure users out there?

Super 15
17/Super 18
21/4DR

Had a 14/9. Didn't live up to the hype but it sure sounded sweet particularly on Line sources.

Tony has mentioned a mod he can do to lift the audio ground off the case (safely) which may remedy this. Never got round to taking him up on this suggestion though. I now have the amp in a simpler setup and got round the tuner ground loop, by disconnecting the outer shield of the aerial patch lead.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. The XX has 10K resistors from each input to ground, which is where I think the break-through emanates.

If you touch an active source plug to the earth post, you can hear music from the amp!

Started with a 2010s power amp in 2008/9 (had a Yamaha 2500 HT receiver before hand) and bought a Bryston 5 Channel power amp (still have need to sell) enjoying the exposure more.

Quickly got a second 2010s and then 2 IV dual (non reg), a IV stereo and XXI preamp and Exposure CDP.

Over time I've then been lucky enough to get 4 XVIII monos, and eventually 4 XVI monos.

In between I got a 'customised' XIII and bespoke power supply. Later bought a IX which does not fit the custom XIII, so looking for a vanilla XIII (and a IX that isn't a bred bin shape).

Currently using XXI with 4 XVI, but not sure if it sounds better with my Monopulse A's than the 4 XVIII did.

I think theses speakers are very efficient, as I don't play too loud and think the XVIII may have more musical synergy then the XVI.

I've not sold any exposure stuff and not sure if I ever will.

I also have a system with the IVs partnered with B&W CDM 1NT and CNT (little speakers like a smaller 805N), the grip of the IVs in dual mono mode is impressive and I think greater than the Bryston had, as well a greater sense of timing/fun.

Currently using Exposure 2010 cd & 3010s2 integrated with epos es11s superb combination.
Thinking of selling the 3010s2 to raise funds :(

No Exposure at Gromit Towers at the moment, but have had:

X
Super XV
2xVI/Dual VII/IV Dual
XI/XII/IVDR
IX/XII/IVDR
IX/XIV/IVDR2
XXI/Super XVIII mono

Would have another Exposure amp in a heartbeat...if anyone's selling. ;)

No Exposure at Gromit Towers at the moment, but have had:

X
Super XV
2xVI/Dual VII/IV Dual
XI/XII/IVDR
IX/XII/IVDR
IX/XIV/IVDR2
XXI/Super XVIII mono

Would have another Exposure amp in a heartbeat...if anyone's selling. ;)
Read above :)

It may be a bit ££heavy for me I'm afraid, but I do hear good things about the S2's, a massive improvement on the first of the 'new' generation Exposures. :)
At least 3010S2 monoblocks are outstanding value for the money. Very few know that and are using them and it's a pity IMO :(.

Currently have full MCX setup and no intentions to change it in near future :). I could buy something different but not necessarily better eventually. To my ears these are good enough.

Recently bought a 2012s2 from a chap on the Art of Sound forum. Was impressed but not bowled over when he demo'd it with a digital source (Flac files through some kind of Apple streamer, I think) - It sounded very detailed and impressive but a bit clinical and lacking in bass: overly analytical and not exactly "foot-tappy" if you know what I mean...However, I thought maybe it was the source / speakers contributing to that and I was impressed enough to take a punt on it as I could hear a lot of detail in it and thought a different source and speakers might bring it to life...

I'm glad I did because it sounds fantastic and a completely different kettle of fish with my LP12 going through it - The warmth of the LP12 is a good foil for the detail and precision of the amp and the soundstage is incredibly 3D - Very impressed! I'm now thinking about replacing my Cambridge 540p phono stage with the Exposure internal one as that's supposed to be pretty good too.

in the mid 90' I bought a XV.
Last year I replaced it with a XVII + XVIII-s
But the XVII was a step back
I had the opportunity to replaced it with a XI + IX
Next step is replacing my 2x XVIII-s with 2x IVDR2

-----------
regards
f.s.

I tried newer expo stuff briefly, well I say newer I brought a 2010 amp and cd when they were first released after blowing up my linn majik, I did like it too but I swiftly upgraded to more upmarket linn.

My friend has a 2010s cd and 3010s amp with quad 12l speakers and sub, it sounds great when I set it up but he always plays with the sub and screws it up again.

Still very happy with my IX , XI and VIII super. I dread to think what it might cost to get equivalent or better SQ these days.

Exposure3010S2 integrated, 3010S2 CD player, 2010S2 DAC. :)

I'm using the 3010s2 integrated through Tannoy Prestige Stirlings. Very happy.

Hi Jazzy,
could you please describe the sound? I guess you prefer jazz. Can your system play rock, heavy metal? How loud?
A friend of mine gave me an offer. He is selling his Tannoy Kingdom 12. What do you think about this combination? Of course I will try 3010S2 with the Kongdoms but I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanx!

I have been using Exposure amps in various forms since 1988 and just love them. At the moment I have
13 phono amp
21 pre
18super stereo poweramp.

I would like either another 18 super power amp to biamp my Ruark Talismans or 18super mono amps. The 13 is as good if not better than the 14 pre phono stage especially since I have boards for the 13 for when I replace my cartridge

advertisement

Back