advertisement

Help me choose a motorbike

Yeah.

Mind you, since I sold the older bike, I've actually taken the time and effort to sort the suspension on the other/newer bike, booked a trackday, and am starting to use and enjoy it properly. It was almost getting to the stage of being an honorary Ducati - permanently living in a garage on a life-support cable, and being released blinking into the sunlight on the 2 or 3 rare sunlit high-days and holy-days that the weather Gods choose to favour..:)

Having more than one of the things definitely forces you to spread your efforts and attention more thinly.

Yeah.

Mind you, since I sold the older bike, I've actually taken the time and effort to sort the suspension on the other/newer bike, booked a trackday, and am starting to use and enjoy it properly. It was almost getting to the stage of being an honorary Ducati - permanently living in a garage on a life-support cable, and being released blinking into the sunlight on the 2 or 3 rare sunlit high-days and holy-days that the weather Gods choose to favour..:)

Having more than one of the things definitely forces you to spread your efforts and attention more thinly.
Ah yes, the garage queen. It's true that you can have too many of the things, and you then get to the stage where "ah yes, that just needs..." and you have more broken bikes than working ones. I am perilously close to this with bicycles in my place. In fact I think I'm there. I have 3 that work exactly as intended, a 4th that needs a brake bleed, and then others. One rather nice bike has been robbed for parts and is missing a set of brakes and a rear wheel that I don't currently own, which is rather a deal breaker if I ever want to take it to the shops.

As you say there is a lot to be said for only having one on the go at a time, at least then you carry out the repairs when they are needed.

A mate of mine had a GPZ900R and a Yamaha XS1100. The GPZ was faster and handled better, but the XS1100 was much more enjoyable to ride.

advertisement

Back