advertisement

Have I blown my blind brother's m6 500i amp?

There are toggle switches on the back of the DAC64, they are not labelled on the unit, just in the instruction manual. Make sure the correct digital input is selected.

DAC64 is on the Tuner input
This seems to be the case so can you confirm you select tuner when playing CD? If you select CD you will only hear the crosstalk as above.

I also want to know what's going in the Aux/HT socket given there's a risk you might have switched the switch above the plugs to direct/HT if its a full level source not a pre or home theatre amp.

Lastly there's something going in the tape input just out of interest what is that? There are some weird sockets /convertors I've not seen before and should generally be avoided. Look potentially like some sort of jack to RCA converter but can't think why they would be needed.

Thanks everyone so much, you are a very patient group. You are spot on re the tuner button, not sure why maybe a consequence of my brother being blind.

Anyway, I am about to change the DAC cables to CD.

THANKS ALL AGAIN AND DEEPLY.

Very unlikely to be anything to do with your brother being blind. Almost everyone with sight loss develops a very finely tuned sense of what is where fairly quickly. Fingers crossed you get it sorted. That’s some decent audio gear.

advertisement

Back