advertisement

Half decent can opener?

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
Was sick of trying to find a can opener that worked for a reasonable amout of time, so I did a bit of Googling and bought a Konrad Pro Kitchen with lifetime guarantee.

It works great and leaves a smooth edge but doesn't work on every can.

Got any suggestion for a decent one or are they all pretty much rubbish?

As this is PFM, I am disappointed that I cannot find a hugely complex, artisan-built can opener that will cost north of 500 quid.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The cheap butterfly ones at about a £1 are about the best there is for a reason, they actually work and have done for about fifty years.

My wife bought one tin opener that removes the top of the can and is bloody hopeless, she's the only one who can use it among four adults, I'm a plumber/heating engineer and struggle with it, the rest of us use the old cheap one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004EEM6E6/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Any one remember those big ones in the 70s that were bolted to the wall with a big winder type handle? And the can would hopefully hang there? I recall those never worked.

Something like this:

41685056784_1b340759b7_z.jpg

Canned food is not for eating, it is for storing in your post apocalyptic hideaway where the only thing required of a can opener is that it not fail before the supply runs out. Best get half a dozen, I’d say.

advertisement

Back