advertisement

Had a visit from the Police.

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
Around 9pm last night, two police officers in an unmarked car knocked at my door.

They said my buying habits had been flagged up, and could I explain them, and then proceeded to list all the things I've bought in the past year.

EDIT: Household emergency, will come back to this....

Sounds astonishlingly unlikely unless you have been buying quite a bit of ammonium nitrate, slatpetre and/or sulphur, or suchlike, including drug intermediates (raw materials for drug manufacture) and "dope" lighting units.

Find the local nick's number in the book (or online) and give them a ring and ask if it was real/kosher.

You don't have to say anything unless you are arrested, as I am sure you realise, although it does make you look silly/suspicious.

Around 9pm last night, two police officers in an unmarked car knocked at my door.

They said my buying habits had been flagged up, and could I explain them, and then proceeded to list all the things I've bought in the past year.

EDIT: Household emergency, will come back to this....
Nice to see the police stepping in before U2 records start tainting the secondhand vinyl supply chain.

It's no joke.

I bought soldering stuff, welding stuff and lots of other metalwork gear (drill press, heavy-duty vice, tap & die set, cutting oil etc) to turn a pedal go-cart into electric. Plus gun parts to service some old air-rifles. Scope, Springs, piston seals, gun oil, gun cleaning kit, pellets etc.

They asked me what I was doing with all this stuff, and asked to look in the shed. They also asked to look at the air-rifles. Once they were happy I wasn't making anything sinister, they left.

What do they mean, it flagged up? Was it GCHQ?

Sounds astonishlingly unlikely unless you have been buying quite a bit of ammonium nitrate, slatpetre and/or sulphur, or suchlike, including drug intermediates (raw materials for drug manufacture) and "dope" lighting units.

Find the local nick's number in the book (or online) and give them a ring and ask if it was real/kosher.

You don't have to say anything unless you are arrested, as I am sure you realise, although it does make you look silly/suspicious.
It was definitely genuine. I recognise the guy from a while back when I handed some shotguns in that I found in my mothers loft.

It's no joke.

I bought soldering stuff, welding stuff and lots of other metalwork gear (drill press, heavy-duty vice, tap & die set, cutting oil etc) to turn a pedal go-cart into electric. Plus gun parts to service some old air-rifles. Scope, Springs, piston seals, gun oil, gun cleaning kit, pellets etc.

They asked me what I was doing with all this stuff, and asked to look in the shed. They also asked to look at the air-rifles. Once they were happy I wasn't making anything sinister, they left.

What do they mean, it flagged up? Was it GCHQ?
Probably the gun shop...

Now thats a bit upsetting, Ive been waiting 51/2 months for the police to come and visit me for my FAC renewal. The "target" renewal time is 8 weeks. Just to be clear I don't blame the guys actually doing the renewals, it a thankless task at the best of times, but if you get it wrong all hell breaks out,

advertisement

Back