advertisement

Guitar talk: acoustic, bass, classical, twelve string? You name it! Pt III

qYNB0vs.jpg

tVPBpYl.jpg

pC3b28i.jpg

USLTicA.jpg

HROewA4.jpg

My vintage AC30 foxy vox blew a fuse, but fine again now. Phew. I panic when one of my tube amps glitches.. I'm not great at issue solving, & resort to my trusty help on Music Electronics Forum to remedy. Thank god a swift fix this time.

8-F5-E9062-E488-4-B2-F-A7-A1-3535-D7-A9-CC95.jpg

You guys might have seen this - it's fascinating and it's pretty much all gone. Who got paid what in LA and how...

Some nice stuff there. The 57 or 58 LPJ would be my choice (whichever had the fatter neck) followed by the surf green Jag and white Burns Bison. Plus the brown-face Vibroverb to play them through, obvs.

Some crazy prices fetched there. Makes you wonder what kinda price his best stuff would reach.

Enjoyed watching it all unfold though.
Nearly £10m overall. 25% to charity + proceeds (400k) from a signed, newish goldtop.

Just the 1983 reissue Paul from the Live Aid gig and Money For Nothing made 1/2 a million. You can get a real burst for that - and pretty easily!

The 1988 Pensa-Suhr MK-1, was sold for another 1/2 million (72 times its midrange estimate!)

The guy who bought Gilmours '69 black Strat at Christies a couple of years ago for nigh on $4 million would outdo anyone when it comes to the 4 most expensive musical notes anyone could play on an instrument (the refrain to Wish You Were Here)

Gilmour gifted the $22 million he raised from that auction to some climate change activist group.

That's quite a few tins of soup to chuck over stuff.

Anyone have the Positive Grid Spark Go (the tiny phone size practice amp)? I have an old line 6 pod that’s playing up (honestly just the power connection so not a tricky fix) which I’m using as an excuse for something new.

It’s really just for noodling on the sofa, nothing too critical, I’m not expecting awesome tones (I’d like a small fender tweed and Marshall plexi tone and I’d be happy) but something significantly better than unplugged. The reviews look good, just curious if anyone has had one a got bored after a few months or if it retains its charm over time.

A pal has one of the small ones and loves it. I thought it sounded horrid.
I like to take a bluetooth speaker (as well as a guitar) on holiday and recently bought a NUX Mighty Space as the reviews looked interesting. I am delighted with it, it sounds pretty good as is but better still into my Fender cab with a Jensen Alnico blue.

A pretty darned good set from the classic line-up:

Richard Lloyd quit a couple of years later.

The Sobell acoustic I play is away getting stainless steel frets installed.
I'll update on what they play like when it returns in a few weeks.

Paul Davids talking to Jacob Collier. I really like that weird tuning, 5 string acoustic guitar he has, although then I quickly remember I am no Jacob Collier.

Not so keen on the Stranberg electric thoughbut.

advertisement

Back