1f7e9.png
1f7e9.png
1f7e9.png

1f7e9.png
1f7e9.png
1f7e9.png
1f7e9.png
1f7e9.png

First time without yellows. Hard mode by habit.
That doesn’t look like a screen shot. Is it?

A nail biter

Wordle 221 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛
⬛

--G--
--G--
--G--
YGG-G
-GGGG
GGGGG
If we know your start word, and the day's solution, we should be able to have a stab at what you put for the intermediate stages. We could have the makings of a meta-wordle game of our own. (admittedly, lines 2 and 3 could be lots of things, but 4 and 5 are narrowed down a fair bit. I'm sure I know what line 4 is, and probably line 5.

If we know your start word, and the day's solution, we should be able to have a stab at what you put for the intermediate stages. We could have the makings of a meta-wordle game of our own. (admittedly, lines 2 and 3 could be lots of things, but 4 and 5 are narrowed down a fair bit. I'm sure I know what line 4 is, and probably line 5.

Well kind of the whole point of the game is that with 5 letter words once you have 2 or 3 the list of possible words collapses rapidly. Most days, especially on hard mode, it becomes increasingly hard to think of a candidate word by turn 3 or 4. So today after three turns having a single GREEN the other guesses have eliminated so many words guess 4 is almost by definition going to hit on lots of letters. Also lines 2 and 3 "could be lots of things" but really is not that many because you can assume across those rows vowels and common consonants are disappearing from the pool of candidate letters.

This is why I think "hard mode" is actually correct strategy. Incorrect guesses add information by constraining the solution space and hard mode maximises the efficiency of this. I think this is a much better approach given the limited number of guesses than attempting to find more letters which is what people are doing with the completely different second word strategy.

In other words, the correct strategy is, in as much as this makes sense, the reverse algorithm of Absurdle.

Wordle 221 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

3 again today :) Forgot last few days…

question: how do you keep the colours when pasting? :)

Oops. I thought we were behind everyone else in the world of wordle.

TBH I couldn't see the point of posting little block diagrams that don't actually tell you anything. So I took a screenshot and uploaded it.
Apologies for the spoiler. Will give it another 24 hours from now on.

Also you have embarrassed yourself by revealing that ADIEU / SHORT strategy which was rejected by professional Wordlers several months ago.

Professional Wordlers?

You cannot be serious. Shirley.

Vowels , consonants in combination and 5 letter words that include them is hardly bloody rocket science. Been mucking around with this for 2 weeks now and no, I haven't googled how to do it. Just logic. Getting bored of it now TBH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back