• Yes

Votes: 56 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 59.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters
that is not our reason.

My wife aged 14 had to bring up her younger sister due to her alcoholic parents. So learned that parenting was not for her. I have never been inclined to like children.
My dad used to say with regard to children that ".... you love your own and everybody else's are little bastards" I've found there is a good deal of truth to that.
I wouldn't blame anyone for not liking kids.

My dad used to say with regard to children that ".... you love your own and everybody else's are little bastards" I've found there is a good deal of truth to that.
I wouldn't blame anyone for not liking kids.
If I ever come across any ‘little bastards‘ then I look at the responsible adults in their lives, that’s where the problem is usually, it’s a sad triumph of nurture over nature.

last few days had to deal with the most evil , manipulative , vindictive sq******ter who even had the gall to report me for apparently deliberately delaying an emergency tradesman . how refreshing then to spend a few hours with a little fella who sits on my lap pulling amazing faces ... especially when weeing and pooing . making raspberry noises and jumping all over me chewing everything in sight . incredible contrast to nasty adults !!!

If I ever come across any ‘little bastards‘ then I look at the responsible adults in their lives, that’s where the problem is usually, it’s a sad triumph of nurture over nature.
I agree with you to a large degree. But some things just come with the territory. As the Dad of two daughters I've learned that little lads seem to universally want to run about at high speed on sole kid 'mission' or other. I couldn't put up with it, but I have to recognise that they are just being boys.
Once, when visiting football obsessed inlaws, their ten year old thought it would be hilarious to kick his football at my back as fast as he could. He thought the ensuing impact indeed delightfully funny. His parents agreed. I could have ended all three of them with the greatest pleasure.
Little bastard.

last few days had to deal with the most evil , manipulative , vindictive sq******ter who even had the gall to report me for apparently deliberately delaying an emergency tradesman . how refreshing then to spend a few hours with

surely that comes with the landlord territory?

I agree with you to a large degree. But some things just come with the territory. As the Dad of two daughters I've learned that little lads seem to universally want to run about at high speed on sole kid 'mission' or other. I couldn't put up with it, but I have to recognise that they are just being boys.
Once, when visiting football obsessed inlaws, their ten year old thought it would be hilarious to kick his football at my back as fast as he could. He thought the ensuing impact indeed delightfully funny. His parents agreed. I could have ended all three of them with the greatest pleasure.
Little bastard.
I'd agree about boys boisterousness. I have 2 grandsons, 7 and 4 yrs. They do get excited as you say and tear around their house and garden sometimes playing various mad games, they do need to let off a bit more steam than my granddaughters or daughters ever did, but they would never dream of misbehaving outside the home or of being rude or disrespectful to a visitor. They recognise when they will be cut a little slack and when they won't.
There are other children and parents in my extended family who can create a very tense atmosphere at gatherings as their parents seem to endorse their bad behaviour, usually ends in tears and messy spills.
It's worth mentioning all the kids I'm familiar with come from fairly comfortable homes with no money worries and plenty of extra-curricular activities to keep them amused, so there's no excuse for bad behaviour.

surely that comes with the landlord territory?
No sadly , nothing of mine .its a deceased person i looked after and the person wangled into the place months ago and wont go and has caused massive issues and now it cant be sold .i am expecting it to deteriote even more .basically sq*****ter issue

Fabulous evening with Granddaughter #1.
We had watched ‘The Beatles: Get Back’ (long Peter Jackson documentary) over several visits, so this visit we played the album Let It Be (vinyl) - The Girl was mesmerised.
Then at The Girls request, we watched Yellow Submarine 1968 (DvD) - great fun as Girl hadn’t seen this film since she was 9 yrs old ( I indoctrinated the G-Kids early)
The Granddaughters are definitely Beatles fans now (and Elvis Presley…)

Out of interest, I asked G-Kid #1 what she thought about the music of Raye as she had done well at the Brit Awards.
The Girl (14 yrs old) went on a rant about how she hated Raye and thought it was absolute crap. Good girl. :D
She does like The Reytons (Rotherham band like Arctic Monkeys).

thank goodness for thursdays, another delightful day. still best day of the week here, long may they continue.
Loving how she will try all foods and enjoys 99% of them, daughter doing a sterling job with no processed food or sugar laced drinks. looking forward to when our veg/fruit comes in season as she gorges on the grapes.

i just fall about laughing watching the baby eat toast slices this week , margerine goes all over the hands , then some amazing faces before the rest is jettisoned overboard 😂 you dont need a comedy show !

New Granddaughter is staying with us for a few days! (and her parents) A complete surprise, Son #2 contacted us yesterday as they are coming up from the Isle O Wight. Woo Hoo! we didn’t expect to see her for several months, so this is an unexpected treat.
The Wife is excited and already planning to bake a cake.
Nice to have good news.
I am hoping that they have time to take new baby to see her Great-Grandparents (my parents) as they will be thrilled to see their new baba.

New Granddaughter is a joy in the house!
We didn’t hear a peep out of her till after 07:00 hrs. this morning- then she had a couple of hours kipping with us.

Not sure if her eyes will stay blue? Looks like she might be a blue-eyed girl, the rest of the G-Kids are Brown/Hazel. We are guessing she will be over 6’ and the tallest G-Kid. (Son & his partner are 6’ +)

Good News: two grandchildren (4 and 7 yrs) have been obsessed with ABBA for the last month or two and have been playing them non-stop every time we take them out in the car, now I like ABBA a lot but this did get a bit tedious and I"m pleased to say they have finally overcome this obsession.

Bad News: they are now obsessed with Oasis!

I blame the parents.

Good News: two grandchildren (4 and & yrs) have been obsessed with ABBA for the last month or two and have been playing them non-stop every time we take them out in the car, now I like ABBA a lot but this did get a bit tedious and I"m pleased to say they have finally overcome this obsession.

Bad News: they are now obsessed with Oasis!

I blame the parents.

The Frozen musical was the Girls favourite for years, before that it was Elvis Presley. Now The Beatles are the best singalong in the car.
Abba does get an outing now and again, good songs and tunes, but Oasis is dire.

My grandsons grew up with James Taylor and Leonard Cohen. I blame their grandmother. At least I have weaned one of them off that and onto Coil, Current 93 and Suns of Arqa. My work is done there. :cool:

advertisement

Back