advertisement

Good news for a change!

I just didn't get Coldplay's popularity with rock fans. I can understand some pop fans liking them as they would feel superior for liking an (supposedly) intellectual band. As for Chris Martin's voice when he went for the high notes, I found the sound particularly annoying.

Never understood the negativity.

They play their own instruments (fairly well too). The write and perform their own tunes and from what I've seen, they put on a pretty good show too.

The songs aren't particularly complex or ground breaking but thy can be catchy, have a melody and a sing-a-long tune.

Its not his fault his ex-wife makes perfume out of her foo-foo juice.

Everybody should of course like everything. But on the other hand life would be dull if we did all like the same thing. So what's to do?

Unless you listen to Radio 2, Virgin or Absolute then you're not going to hear them anyway. Parachutes is a good album but after that not for me.

Cheers BB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59766719

Coldplay will stop recording music as a band in 2025, frontman Chris Martin has revealed.

Martin made the announcement on Radio 2 on Wednesday, in a clip trailing ahead to his Christmas Show with Jo Whiley on the same channel on Thursday evening.

"Our last proper record will come out in 2025, and after that I think we will only tour," he said.

It strikes me as self centered to announce it 3 years ahead! And I liked their first 2 albums, then it turned into dirge

I'm not a fan of Coldplay and I normally refrain from commenting on music that I don't like, but that is a strange announcement to make!

I really like their first two albums and Viva La Vida released in 2008. Saw them live on that tour, 2009 I think, and they put on a good show. Not bought any of their albums since.

What I really want to hear is that Kanye West, Lady gaga, Dua Lipa, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, fecking Lil nas x and all similar complete shite are not only making no more records but are deleting their entire back catalogues and issuing a cease and desist order to all radio stations over the playing of their "music"!!

Compared to that lot Coldplay are bloody marvellous! (but it's not saying much)

advertisement

Back