advertisement

Good news for a change!

Managed to see them before they became popular when they were promoting their debut album.
All downhill after the 2nd album.

What I really want to hear is that Kanye West, Lady gaga, Dua Lipa, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, fecking Lil nas x and all similar complete shite are not only making no more records but are deleting their entire back catalogues and issuing a cease and desist order to all radio stations over the playing of their "music"!!

Compared to that lot Coldplay are bloody marvellous! (but it's not saying much)

Just watched Christmas totp and that lot appear to have been replaced by a whole new crop of talentless drones.

Jez, you're wrong about Gaga. The rest are shit though.

Gaga is like Ed Sheeren and in some respects they're worse... ie yes they are actually talented but choose to make shite according to the best selling formula of the day. When Gaga stops fecking about and sings jazz she can really do it! Needs to work on her own style rather than channelling Ela Fitzgerald though:rolleyes: If you're gonna channel though it doesn't get any better than Ela!

The thing is though, it's easy to avoid the stuff you don't like; life's too short, especially when there is so much amazing music about & I don't subscribe to the notion that modern music is crap either. Having said that, admittedly I don't listen to much mainstream stuff.

Gaga is like Ed Sheeren and in some respects they're worse... ie yes they are actually talented but choose to make shite according to the best selling formula of the day. When Gaga stops fecking about and sings jazz she can really do it! Needs to work on her own style rather than channelling Ela Fitzgerald though:rolleyes: If you're gonna channel though it doesn't get any better than Ela!
She has a potentially great jazz voice.

The thing is though, it's easy to avoid the stuff you don't like; life's too short, especially when there is so much amazing music about & I don't subscribe to the notion that modern music is crap either. Having said that, admittedly I don't listen to much mainstream stuff.

Bada bing! Try listening to some mainstream radio for a while with all the chart stuff etc etc and be prepared to be shocked at just how bad it can get! Now and then something decent like Wet Leg or Gabriels gets on the radio play lists but not often. Top notch music used to come to you, you couldn't avoid it really (Beatles, Bowie etc etc) but today you have to look for it or have it recommended to you. R6 Music is a godsend! Cillian Murphy and Don Letts's shows are de rigueur and Steve lamacqs new music show great.

Bada bing! Try listening to some mainstream radio for a while with all the chart stuff etc etc and be prepared to be shocked at just how bad it can get! Now and then something decent like Wet Leg or Gabriels gets on the radio play lists but not often. Top notch music used to come to you, you couldn't avoid it really (Beatles, Bowie etc etc) but today you have to look for it or have it recommended to you. R6 Music is a godsend! Cillian Murphy and Don Letts's shows are de rigueur and Steve lamacqs new music show great.

I'd rather not listen to mainstream radio if it's al the same to you! I agree with what you say about R6 Music though.

Love how you get the sound of a drum kit when the drummer is just sat there doing nothing.

advertisement

Back