advertisement

Getting into Naim...

That's not a far too wide but thin black thing on funny plastic cone feet is it?
Yes. Odd looking, but sounds magnificent... I've owned, over the years, Meridian 100 series, Arcam, Audiolab, etc. but the Pro-ject gets me in touch with the music. Just like the CD 3.5 and LS3/5as. Yes, my system. Pro-ject 7s are rare, but if you see one, buy it ! Martyn .

Martin.
Naim make some very good/excellent gear. Loads of people are extremely happy with it.
As some have alluded to, it is all too easy to get sucked into their (possibly cynical) upgrade path, which can be very expensive, will possibly contain periods of unhappiness due to hearing defects that you are told that the next upgrade will cure (maybe) & you may end up with a particular (naim) sound which will delight some yet others will recoil at.
The Naim forum is a great place for Naim fans, as long as you don't question their version of wisdom.
Enjoy the ride.
Matt.

A Naim 3.5 cd player is an enjoyable listen – no reason to doubt it at all.

What then is the reason for the subsequent ‘smart’, spoiling and negative comments ?

What can i expect from going from a 250 to a 300?

That was one question i really wanted to answer on the naim forum.

Robert,

Why not buy one and get an accurate answer? Just make sure you can get a refund.

regards,

dave

I really wanted to say, you could expect empty pockets for a start but i knew i would be banned buy the naim police.

You must be joking..............the ****ing price of that gear.

My mistake...I thought you were asking a genuine question. I see you're only just interested in wasting drive space and bashing Naim.

Rumour has it there's a correlation between page number and amount of mouth foam and spittle.

Yes but its highly dependable on brands and products.

Nah...............just naim because it really ruffles feathers;)

Odd how a few folks develop hatred or an intense dislike for a manufacturing firm that's never done anything to harm them or the rest of the world. It seems to be based purely on the company's philosophy or products.

I could understand a dislike for Bayer or Mercedes considering their participation in The Holocaust but a hifi manufacturing company with marketing tactics you simply diasgree with? Strange...

No, there is no hatred or intense dislike for naim, but i find it "strange" how people get so defensive about a box of cheap electrical parts! its not family or friends who are being insulted.

Seriously Dave, "some" of the talk on the naim forum is embarrasing and more so as its from grown men, thats why i think there is bad shit said on forums about naim, also the much loved march price increase even the most brain damaged "munch" for example get upset about it.

what RobertM wrote ... its quite interesting when you bollock a product and human beings take offense.
It then becomes apparent they have a vested interest , even though they deny such a thing ...the internet , you can write what you like .. it is good.....freedom:D , just dont take it seriously.;)

40 big ones for ProAc's WOW. Will it ever end. 40 big ones on a complete setup is scary money. Right now I'm listening to $250 PSBs and they sound great for what they are budget loudspeaker of the decade.

No, there is no hatred or intense dislike for naim, but i find it "strange" how people get so defensive about a box of cheap electrical parts! its not family or friends who are being insulted.

Seriously Dave, "some" of the talk on the naim forum is embarrasing and more so as its from grown men, thats why i think there is bad shit said on forums about naim, also the much loved march price increase even the most brain damaged "munch" for example get upset about it.

Actually, some of these folks are family or friends as some (many?) of us have formed relationships being in the trade, etc. Perhaps this is something to consider when people post insulting, unfounded nonsense.

Price increase are a fact of life. Nobody likes them but we all have to live with them. None of us would like our position, salary or benefits cut because some one feels the increase is out of line. The marketplace will make that decision regardless by voting with its dollars. At the moment, it appears the marketplace will accept the increase.

Regarding "some of the talk" ...theirs is a large community of individuals just like any other so you'll likely read anything and everything under the sun including things you'll disagree with. If you disagree with someone just state it without the insults. Unless you violate their AUP, the mods will let the post stand. An excellent example is someone rightly or wrongly complaining about unsatisfactory service from the company and/or its representatives in a currently running thread. It's still running and being addressed as I post. (apologies for breaking our AUP here by mentioning another forum but I felt it was appropriate for this discussion)

Maybe if we all thought a little bit more before we hit the "submit reply" button we'd all get more positive results.

regards,

dave

EDIT: maybe Tony should consider a "kindergarten" room like the old zerogain(?) forum had as a dumping ground for out-of-control thread fights. I don't recall if it it worked well but I'd lay money on it taking the wind out of some sails just knowing human nature;-)

Odd how a few folks develop hatred or an intense dislike for a manufacturing firm that's never done anything to harm them or the rest of the world. It seems to be based purely on the company's philosophy or products.

I could understand a dislike for Bayer or Mercedes considering their participation in The Holocaust but a hifi manufacturing company with marketing tactics you simply diasgree with? Strange...
I started this thread I'm beginning to wish I hadn't... I'll have a 'last word', not on Naim but the above. A lot of people have a great dislike for BMW. I have an engineering/science background and I appreciate their superb engineering. Conversely, when I'm on the road they appear to be driven by somewhat arrogant people. Does BMW's advertising, along the lines of 'You've arrived when you own a BMW', or 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' touch something in the makeup of the typical BMW driver. I have a friend who is a Psychologist. I must run this idea past her... Martyn

advertisement

Back