advertisement

Garys Economics (Basically economics for dummies)

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
Does anyone watch this guy?

Just wondering if I would learn anything by watching his videos?

I am somewhat older, fatter and less attractive than that Gary lol.
That's disappointing to hear. I always pictured you as a Hollywood heartthrob type. Kind of young and cool.

It's weird how you build up a picture of someone in your mind.

Its a very interesting channel - Gary has made a lot of money in the City and now seeks to educate. He has a good book out which is rapidly becoming a best seller.
Well worth your time. Though, do remember that most of the content is Gary's opinion - he's not forced to be right, neither do you have to agree with him.

Been following his channel since he started talking about the missing covid billions and who it went to, gave his book to my bro and my best mate so I think he’s good. Basically every western democracy that doesn’t tax the growth of billionares/multi millionaires that hide their wealth offshore is absolutely ****ed, I agree with him ;).

Gary has made a lot of money in the City
I struggle imagining George Soros or Warren Buffett bragging about their wealth. And they know a thing or two.

missing covid billions
This would make me wary all the more.

Should I ever buy a book about economics, the quality mark I would look at is the author's hair. Grey is not enough, it must be white.

I struggle imagining George Soros or Warren Buffett bragging about their wealth. And they know a thing or two.

Should I ever buy a book about economics, the quality mark I would look at is the author's hair. Grey is not enough, it must be white.

Old ****ers with white hair and wealth from a lifetime of gaming the system are not folk who I want to hear from, I’d take 90% of their wealth away and that’d still leave them fabulously wealthy.

Gary is a newcomer without the reputation of those two. They don't need to establish their credentials as their wealth and success is well known.

Age-ist crap. He's young so he must be wrong?

Gary has made a lot of money in the City
Being a successful trader does not require much insight into economics.

Wiki says he quit his job to take a masters degree in economics but became “depressed and disillusioned”. It doesn't say whether he graduated.

Old ****ers with white hair and wealth from a lifetime of gaming the system are not folk who I want to hear from, I’d take 90% of their wealth away and that’d still leave them fabulously wealthy.
How did Warren Buffett game the system?

P.S. He's pledged to give 99% of his wealth to charity.

Did I mention Warren Buffett?
I read your response to Cheese as being directed at George Soros and Warren Buffett.

If it was just a general comment towards old ****ers with white hair and wealth from a lifetime of gaming the system then I withdraw my question and apologise.

I watched (most of) one his videos - I picked the one about how to get rich : )

I found his stressed out rich geezer delivery a bit tiring but I thought it was quite interesting (if a bit drawn out). It didn't have much in there about Economics (with a capital E) more his observations on inequality in society. But he's got something to say and I bet his book is a cracking read.

advertisement

Back