advertisement

Gardening

I love a Japanese style garden so thanks for the recommendation. I like the one at Tatton Park a lot, I've also visited the one in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Florida.
The National Stud also has a garden named for St. Fiachra, patron saint of gardeners:

https://irishnationalstud.ie/attraction/st-fiachras/

It emulates a 7th century monastic settlement, and is, in its own way, equally impressive.

And of course there are all those magnificent nags in their paddocks.

Had a look in the trap that had 2 blocks left inside , Gone , Now re loaded with 8 more blocks ,
See what happens this time

Also awaiting a shredder that is due tomorrow , Needed for a trim up of all overgrown shrubs and bushes
One of these ,
Cobra QS2500 2500W Quiet Electric Garden Shredder, 50lt Drum and a 2 year warranty.

In the process of cutting down a small tree killed by Ivy :(

New visitors to the garden this morning; eating their way through the windfall apples:

We know there are deer in the woods; but we've never seen them in nearly 9 years we've been here!
Credit to you that a naturally shy wild animal is trusting enough to visit your garden ,knowing you are present.
In the N/E where I live ,many ex colliery sites have been returned to wildflower meadow and thickets of native trees and ponds etc created .A site close to us has deer on it and we sometimes see them ,but they are much more wary - local a_ _ _e holes get on the site with lurchers and /4wheel drives to poach them ,and the local hare population.

Not seen any more rats , The poison blocks are now being nibbled not annihilated so maybe mice , I'm about to go and check them today.
Also at long last the Still strimmer arrived today along with 2 AK30 batteries , Quite impressed with it , Did not realise it is variable speed and feels powerful , Still waiting for the high reach hedge trimmer , Now in week 3 since I made the order and paid in full. Done the lawns twice with the battery powered lawn mower and only used 2 of the 4 bars on the power meter. :)

That Roe Deer was way cute. Wish we had them visiting around here. But all we get is Muntjac and they just love juicy grass roots. This is what they can do to your lawn.......

DoFdR9j.jpg

That Roe Deer was way cute. Wish we had them visiting around here. But all we get is Muntjac and they just love juicy grass roots. This is what they can do to your lawn.......

DoFdR9j.jpg

Bluddy'ell... What a mess!

Single visitor this afternoon, thinking the others must have been in the woods still.

I've been out turning the veg beds over, so the rest of wildlife are having a field day (blackbirds, Robins and squirrels especially)...

Not seen any more rats , The poison blocks are now being nibbled not annihilated so maybe mice , I'm about to go and check them today.
Also at long last the Still strimmer arrived today along with 2 AK30 batteries , Quite impressed with it , Did not realise it is variable speed and feels powerful , Still waiting for the high reach hedge trimmer , Now in week 3 since I made the order and paid in full. Done the lawns twice with the battery powered lawn mower and only used 2 of the 4 bars on the power meter. :)
You should leave poison out for no more than 5 days after your heavy takes have finished. Then remove it, you can still bait indoors. As you say you are now down to mice and you can ignore them. This minimises pesticides in the environment and removes the risk of secondary poisoning, which is poisoning of non target species that eat the dead rats.

Just been tidying out more of the greenhouse this morning (trimming the pinot grape vine right back and other stuff) and had a visit from 2 jackdaws that 'live' locally in the oak tree in the woods at the bottom of our garden...

The cheeky sods know where the peanuts and mealworms are and literally came into the greenhouse to help themselves haha :D Whilst I'm in there... No shits given!

So I've filled the seed tray on the feeder stand and they went to that instead...

Just been tidying out more of the greenhouse this morning (trimming the pinot grape vine right back and other stuff) and had a visit from 2 jackdaws that 'live' locally in the oak tree in the woods at the bottom of our garden...

The cheeky sods know where the peanuts and mealworms are and literally came into the greenhouse to help themselves haha :D Whilst I'm in there... No shits given!

So I've filled the seed tray on the feeder stand and they went to that instead...

blimey what a large Tory style garden. I say build social housing on it for the people.

Well done.

advertisement

Back