advertisement

Freemasons - What Do You Know About Them?

As I understand it anything on the Wirral is just part of Wales, i.e. Woolyback land, as is Wigan etc (where you come from). From a Scouser perspective you are Welsh, as is Joe Hutch. I’m a southerner as I was born somewhere near Oxford, as you can no doubt tell given how terribly posh I am.

I had a very confusing early childhood. We lived in Liverpool, just off Scotland Road, for the first three years of my life, and both of my sisters were born in Liverpool, as was my mother. For some unknown reason I was born in Wallasey, and my brother was born in That Birkenhead. Maybe it was a tax dodge.

As I understand it anything on the Wirral is just part of Wales, i.e. Woolyback land, as is Wigan etc (where you come from). From a Scouser perspective you are Welsh, as is Joe Hutch. I’m a southerner as I was born somewhere near Oxford, as you can no doubt tell given how terribly posh I am.

Amusingly a mate of mine from Swansea refers to folks from North Wales as scousers, citing as proof the "fact" that they prefer football to rugby.

Freemasonry is full of the same trumped up self-important arrivistes that you can find at your local golf club. Not posh enough for high society and too stupid for politics. Ghastly bunch of oiks. :)

Did someone get blackballed at their local lodge?

Are there Masonic lodges in Liverpool?

Absolutely. The North west is one of the most densely populated areas for Masonic Lodges and activity.

Never been myself , maybe one day I'll get an invite.

Curiously in Canada and the US and Australia when you enter the boundary of a town you will find a board with a phone number of someone who will provide information on the local Lodges. Most large conurbations in North America have a Masonic shop in the town centre where one can visit for information. A bit different to here.

Just seen foxwelljsly's post & his comment. I must look harder because I do not meet the stereotypical individuals he asserts populate the Lodges. Perhaps he would like to make contact with a local Lodge and meet a few people to form an impression. If he is in the UK a phone call to UGLE at Great Queen Street can give him a local contact.

Good luck.

Perhaps he would like to make contact with a local Lodge and meet a few people to form an impression. If he is in the UK a phone call to UGLE at Great Queen Street can give him a local contact.

Good luck.

They`ll just put him in touch with other UGLE people which will re-enforce his prejudices.

Andrew didn't tell us about these!

Two Freemasons' lodges operating secretly at Westminster

Two Freemasons’ lodges set up for members of parliament and political journalists are continuing to operate secretly at Westminster, the Guardian has learned.

New Welcome Lodge, which recruits MPs, peers and parliamentary staff, and Gallery Lodge, established for members of the political press corps known as the lobby, both remain active, according to Freemasonry records.

A third lodge called the Alfred Robbins Lodge, which was also set up for journalists, also continues to meet regularly in London.

The identities of the members of these three lodges remain unknown outside the world of Freemasonry, however, and so discreet are the members of Gallery Lodge that few journalists working in the lobby appear to be aware of its existence.

Worth a read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42986319

'He added that the handshake used by members during ceremonies is "not secret" but, when he was asked to demonstrate it to viewers of BBC Breakfast, he declined, saying he had "promised" not to.'

Mheh.

Anyway, how can Freemasons be discriminated against when their membership is a secret (unless they personally choose to disclose it)? What the chap is actually saying is a) Freemasonry is unfairly stigmatised and b) it is not itself discriminatory in its recruitment (unless you're a woman, in which case you're not allowed to join the United Grand Lodge of England).

I suffered badly at work due to a Freemason ring. Right was put aside to favour some of those in the club. However, my Dad was a Freemason and I saw a lot of good that they did.

What the chap is actually saying is a) Freemasonry is unfairly stigmatised and b) it is not itself discriminatory in its recruitment (unless you're a woman, in which case you're not allowed to join the United Grand Lodge of England).

The insistence upon a “belief in a higher being” is hugely discriminatory and these days would probably rule the majority of people out. Religion, thankfully, is on the decline.

Y
I suffered badly at work due to a Freemason ring. Right was put aside to favour some of those in the club. However, my Dad was a Freemason and I saw a lot of good that they did.

You need to find out what Lodge they were from and make an official complaint, they would be subject to Masonic discipline.

advertisement

Back