advertisement

Forced Covid vaccinations

why does it appear that most care home owners/managers/companies support the idea of their staff being vaccinated?

Source?

Extract from Toynbee’s article.

Mike Padgham, who owns four care homes, says six of his 100 staff are not vaccinated, but gradual persuasion has been working. “How can I sack them when they have stuck with us through the pandemic? I can’t move them away from the frontline either, as they’re needed.”

Only if they are ignorant enough to refuse the vaccine.

A lot of people are ‘ignorant’ then. Maybe you’re the one who is ignorant for failing to understand or acknowledge their reasons for not taking them, many of which are complex in nature?

It’s good that people with your attitude don’t determine policy to persuade people to get vaccinated as nobody would.

It's a non-issue, at least in the many care and nursing homes my wife has worked in; she reports initial nerves followed by adult conversation between staff and management, followed by 100 % or very close to 100% take up. Please note she hasn't worked in every home in the country but keeps in touch with her ex-colleagues.
If virtually everybody is already vaccinated, a mandate will have no immediate consequences. It could still be a good idea in order to ensure that vaccination rates among care workers remain high.

Source?

Extract from Toynbee’s article.

Mike Padgham, who owns four care homes, says six of his 100 staff are not vaccinated, but gradual persuasion has been working. “How can I sack them when they have stuck with us through the pandemic? I can’t move them away from the frontline either, as they’re needed.”
So Toynbee has selected a guy who employs 100 staff and 6% have not yet received the vaccination. This must be close to the best figures she could muster to support her argument which is telling - not the huge potential hole in the industry that she is describing.

A lot of people are ‘ignorant’ then. Maybe you’re the one who is ignorant for failing to understand or acknowledge their reasons for not taking them, many of which are complex in nature?

It’s good that people with your attitude don’t determine policy to persuade people to get vaccinated as nobody would.
Luckily many, many millions have. I couldn't imagine a personal reason that would overrule the health of the elderly in these homes - if I could I'd be having a serious thought about finding another low wage job, many of which are much easier than care.

So Toynbee has selected a guy who employs 100 staff and 6% have not yet received the vaccination. This must be close to the best figures she could muster to support her argument which is telling - not the huge potential hole in the industry that she is describing.

I’m still waiting for that source to support your assertion that ‘most care home owners/managers/companies support the idea of their staff being vaccinated.’

I thought the idea of the care sector is to put the patients needs first?

My brother has had both Covid jabs, this decision is made for him by his carers with my parents consent. Rather poor form of his carers don’t do likewise. There is absolutely no justification for not taking the vaccination if you work in a relevant sector.

The care sector is a bloody mess & the government should do more but, FFS, individuals can do their bit also.

I’m still waiting for that source to support your assertion that ‘most care home owners/managers/companies support the idea of their staff being vaccinated.’
I've just joined in on this circus and I note you owe us all about eighty sources before I have to add mine.

It's a non-issue, at least in the many care and nursing homes my wife has worked in; she reports initial nerves followed by adult conversation between staff and management, followed by 100 % or very close to 100% take up. Please note she hasn't worked in every home in the country but keeps in touch with her ex-colleagues.

When there was surge testing in Lambeth for the SA variant back in April, following an outbreak in a care home, it was reported that Lambeth care home workers had the lowest vaccination rate in the country - 50.1% with at least one jab.

Obviously that was a couple of months ago and it's not clear whether the low vaccination rate was through choice or delays in provision.

Only poll I can see in the short time is this:-

https://www.carehomeprofessional.co...en-support-mandatory-care-worker-vaccination/

BLUF: 70% of those in the profession favour a mandatory vaccination.

One poll of CHP readers, 30 per cent is still a large minority against.

Meanwhile more than 30,000 have signed a petition against mandatory vaccination: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....petition-mandatory-covid-vaccine-care-workers

And sources for what, I’ve quoted from Toynbee’s article to back up my comments and a Reuters piece which quotes Boris Johnson as being against compulsory vaccination.

On the other hand, not demanding vaccination shows complete contempt towards those in need of care and protection.
This government demonstrated its contempt toward those in need of care by sending them from hospital back into care with no covid test and killed thousands as a result.

But only the care sector is being targeted, not the NHS generally, or any other sector. Anyone know why?

Because the government want you to discuss the topic of vaccination of care home staff to make it look like they care and while you are distracted slip out some more important news without your knowledge.

advertisement

Back