advertisement

foo

You will see I previously said my concerns were honesty and clarity and thus have no problem, with your revolutionary consumer advise . I would prefer you not to imply people who don't purchase what you would do are stupid , which I consider to be a reasonable assumption from the totality of your posts .

Purchasing with partial knowledge of all products available is not stupidity per se , its just what everybody does to a degree .

I've not contemplated suggesting the hint of a possibility of implying that people who don't buy what I do are stupid.

I said we all, to some extent, are suckers for the guru effect exploited by foo-mongers.

The antidote is to be canny: don't rush, read around, listen widely, don't overspend and don't buy blind. Then you'll never be a victim of the foo-spreaders everyone seems to be panicking about. That's about as honest, clear and helpful as a dealer can be.

If you connect the computer directly to your audio system via conductive wiring, as the realtime processing source of that system, how is it not part of it?

The web server from you might stream data is also part of the system, ultimately - but only in the way that a foil leaf in a book on your shelf plays a role in the acoustic of the listening room.

There are degrees of separation, right?
Boring, you've said all this before. Which bits are you selling again? Not foo computer bits, is it?

By the way, by your own definition you are a foomonger :) ! Well done old bean, good luck with the sales this time round, I'm off for the weekend.

If you connect the computer directly to your audio system via conductive wiring, as the realtime processing source of that system, how is it not part of it?

The web server from you might stream data is also part of the system, ultimately - but only in the way that a foil leaf in a book on your shelf plays a role in the acoustic of the listening room.

There are degrees of separation, right?

Using that argument, Sizewell B is part of every audio system in the UK.

Audiophool PS for computers IS foo of the first water.

Chris

See , there it is again ,this desire to tell people what to do . Why !!!!?

If you want to tell someone what to do , have a child .;) don't treat adults like children .

There really is only one piece of hifi advise , try it your self in your own home on a money back no likey no purchase guarantee .

though if we stuck to this it would be one bloody boring forum ,so there must be happy medium . :D

This is terrible advice.

No-one who ever had a child had a child because they wanted someone to tell what to do and not ended up very disappointed. If you want to be ignored, treated unappreciatively and generally have your life subsumed, have a child.

From the other side of the fence, and having facilitated or attended hundreds of such comparative home auditions, I can tell you it isn't at all boring - or at least, not in the sense that everyone agrees on what sounds right. Every system is a law unto itself; every listener has their buttons pushed differently. So there's still plenty to argue about - and even room in the world for Beltish psychobabble/genius if that's what works for you, and hasn't cost you dearly.

Using that argument, Sizewell B is part of every audio system in the UK.

Audiophool PS for computers IS foo of the first water.

Chris

When the PSU makes a clearly measurable difference to a) jitter from an onboard SPDIF clock, b) noise on the USB cable, and c) noise on the mains, the facts would suggest there's a vast gulf between a nuclear reactor hundreds of miles away and the computer you jack directly into your system inches away. How could it be otherwise?

A microwave switched on in Belgium doesn't affect my phone signal at all, but the microwave in my kitchen does: especially if I stand next to it, and even more especially if I connect it directly to my phone by plugging the charger into the same socket.

That's not even electronics: it's electrics. And leaves untouched issues of data timing in all its forms . . . but as we know, we've been around those houses before. Wrong thread!

This is terrible advice.

No-one who ever had a child had a child because they wanted someone to tell what to do and not ended up very disappointed. If you want to be ignored, treated unappreciatively and generally have your life subsumed, have a child.

From the other side of the fence, and having facilitated or attended hundreds of such comparative home auditions, I can tell you it isn't at all boring - or at least, not in the sense that everyone agrees on what sounds right. Every system is a law unto itself; every listener has their buttons pushed differently. So there's still plenty to argue about - and even room in the world for Beltish psychobabble/genius if that's what works for you, and hasn't cost you dearly.

Oh dear you have misunderstood me and taken me inexplicably to literally .

The child advise was flippant ,I have 3.9 children under 10 and spend all day telling them what to do , one of them wouldn't take his underpants off if not told to do so ;)

my comment about advise and boring was made about forums . If every query was responded to , i don't know try it in your own home and see [ which is probably the only 100% factually true answer to most questions about SQ ] then it wouldn't be much fun would it /:D

Oh dear you have misunderstood me and taken me inexplicably to literally .

The child advise was flippant ,I have 3.9 children under 10 and spend all day telling them what to do , one of them wouldn't take his underpants off if not told to do so ;)

my comment about advise and boring was made about forums . If every query was responded to , i don't know try it in your own home and see [ which is probably the only 100% factually true answer to most questions about SQ ] then it wouldn't be much fun would it /:D

Imagine there's no trolling
It's easy if you try
No debate about USB cables
Above us only WiFi
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

advertisement

Back