advertisement

foo

Not so much Foo as WTF, is there really a market for obviously home-brewed gear as I have seen a few like this...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
If there is a market? for £39 fuses, what about an audiofools circuit breaker to place into your fusebox. No doubt about it they will improve the £16k preamp even more with a more poetic sound that will rise like a catherdral of sound shimmering and soaring until......... oh dear the circuit breakers just tripped.

Not so much Foo as WTF, is there really a market for obviously home-brewed gear as I have seen a few like this...

I think the name "The Wand" may already be taken. It appears to vaguely resemble another arm though. I might suggest another... "Well Tampered"?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I'd really like to see an aftermarket fuse like this labelled as compliant with BS1362 (which neither this, nor any others I can think of, are)

And if it was ...oh never mind.

I have tried these fuses, and they do make a difference, unfortunately they smeared the high frequencies. I had better luck with Hi Fi Tuning (I think they're called) which added to clarity on my system.

Fuses, muses, of course they make a difference a 3 amp blows faster than a 13amp in a kettle. Mk fuses sound different to volex or do they?

If you really want to make a difference lighten your wallet with this http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm

Kait is quite entertaining - like, maybe, the higher-brow giggles of Terry Pratchett - but not belly laugh funny like the Douglas Adams of foo satire: Coconut Audio.

Isn't there some kind of law against this kind of thing? Like deceitful advertising, or fraud of some sort?

And it's had great reviews...

I wonder on which forum?

Isn't there some kind of law against this kind of thing? Like deceitful advertising, or fraud of some sort?

I don't see why. If people really are that stupid I don't think they'd have the intelligence to claim fraud anyway.

To be fair, the retailer does offer a full refund if you don't like it, so obviously it can't be described as deceitful, even if many would dismiss it out of hand instantly. Same as Russ Andrews' stuff and perfectly well covered by the distance selling regulations. It's a free country...

advertisement

Back