advertisement

Film and TV chat in general

Zak Snyder joins The Slow Mo guys to chat about Rebel Moon 2 and ends up getting into epic geek chatz. A bit long but totally recommended:

Fallout is interesting, but I'm disappointed by the amount of gratuitous violence in it.. it's like Amazon decided to push it to as a kind of companion to The Boys, a programme that started out with a strong enough story that you could overlook the childish obsession when violence and gore, but it really suffered from trying so hard to be edgy that the "shocking" stuff just became tedious (I watched it to the end of the last season, but I have now given up on it..)

Fallout is interesting, but I'm disappointed by the amount of gratuitous violence in it.. it's like Amazon decided to push it to as a kind of companion to The Boys, a programme that started out with a strong enough story that you could overlook the childish obsession when violence and gore, but it really suffered from trying so hard to be edgy that the "shocking" stuff just became tedious (I watched it to the end of the last season, but I have now given up on it..)
Okey-Dokey!

Fallout has been renewed for a 2nd season

Renegrade Nell is a short fun series

Yes, Fallout is visually impressive, perhaps a little on the slow side, perhaps a bit unfocused?
Exactly.... I've watched 3 episodes so far and fallen asleep every time.

No such problem with Shogun.... Most recent episode was very compelling.

Exactly.... I've watched 3 episodes so far and fallen asleep every time.

No such problem with Shogun.... Most recent episode was very compelling.
Waiting for all the Shogun episodes to drop then we’ll have a binge watch over a weekend. Swapped our Tesco vouchers for 3 months Disney mainly for Shogun and the Wrexham show.

This evening was a cinema trip to IMAX Odeon Mansfield, to see Civil War.

We both thought this film was excellent. The narrative, action scenes and the music score were first rate.

This evening was a cinema trip to IMAX Odeon Mansfield, to see Civil War.

We both thought this film was excellent. The narrative, action scenes and the music score were first rate.
Glad you liked it Andrew, been waiting for a real life recommendation, I’d like to see this at the cinema, might try next weekend.

Cheers BB

Lots of very clever and thoughtful scenes within the film. My wife said "This could really happen" several times.

Plus the ending 20 minutes is a tour de force for those that like IMAX.

I'm enjoying 'Blue Lights' on BBC 1. New, second series started Sunday and it's shaping up to be as, if not more enjoyable than the first series. Quirky Northern Irish stuff and different, with believable characters.

I watched 'Hillbilly Elegy' on Netflix last night and thoroughly enjoyed it if that is the right term; It is directed by Ron Howard with Glenn Close giving a really stand-out performance. It is based on the memoirs of J. D. Vance's Appellation upbringing.

advertisement

Back