advertisement

FFS

And I won't be accepting their tofu burgers that probably taste like an insulating material of some kind.

Interesting! If it is made from beef, it's very presence would also be forbidden in any Kosher restaurant (certainly if it is a dairy kosher restaurant, not sure if it is a meat restaurant, since it is meat but non-kosher but you don't actually eat it). If from pork (but it seems tallow comes from beef) also in Moslem restaurants.

I tried one of those £5 notes in a sarney this morning, tasted nothing like bacon. Rumour has it the new £10 note due out next year is made from feathers plucked from caged egg laying hens.....

Nice bit of free advertising for them though, not that they have thought of such a thing.

Hmmm do veggies and other animal fat haters use soap? My youngest is a vegan and I haven't yet told her from what soap is made.

Cheers,

DV

if it is animal waste, that would be trashed then i don't see the fuss at all. it was only a matter of time before someone made a huge fuss and stance. this isn't the first i have read of this uproar but i suppose they have a right to, as pedantic as it may be. the banks are quickly looking to resolve it. how they never saw it coming in the first place i have no idea although i did read somewhere they didn't know until post production. i'd like to know the cost of changing these fivers as a result.

I've done the vegan thing for a few years a while back. I didn't feel the need to tell anyone on a regular basis.
I've a mate who insists on proclaiming loudly her devout Veganism and nit picking folks food in the staff room......as she parades around in her knee high leather boots and jacket!

For those who pay by card at the rainbow....isn't their card made of plastic, possibly made from crude oil by products, possibly made from bodies of dead plants and animals.

I sometimes sneak in to work early so I can rub a piece of meat around the vegans coffee mug......maybe ;)

I've been to the Rainbow a few times. Very tasty, extremely busy. Pay by plastic.

The new fivers are plastic...

That said, it is true that assorted religions have objections to handling certain meat products/derivatives, so it is hardly surprising that there is disquiet.

I've done the vegan thing for a few years a while back. I didn't feel the need to tell anyone on a regular basis.
I've a mate who insists on proclaiming loudly her devout Veganism and nit picking folks food in the staff room......as she parades around in her knee high leather boots and jacket!

For those who pay by card at the rainbow....isn't their card made of plastic, possibly made from crude oil by products, possibly made from bodies of dead plants and animals.

I sometimes sneak in to work early so I can rub a piece of meat around the vegans coffee mug......maybe ;)

hmmm do vegans spit or swallow?

advertisement

Back