advertisement

Favourite Ice-Lolly - Sucker - Ice Cream

Nuii are very nice ice cream lollies. I especially recommend this one:

51BPsbYhd3L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFOURANDHALF%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA251%2C445%2C290%2C400%2C400%2CAmazonEmberBold%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg

We tried those and found that they were incredibly sweet, too much for me.

Scotlands "Mackie's" Vanilla is almost the same taste @ almost half the price of Haagen Dazs vanilla!

Asda sell 2L tubs of Mackie's vanilla ice cream @ £4:25. :)
I like it but don't think it's quite as good, however I've had a soft spot for the company ever since seeing the production of their honeycomb flavour in an episode of ' inside the factory.' ( seems like a nice company, relatable production techniques- a good show to watch with kids).

I still buy a box of “Fab” ice lollies in the summer months, this thread of course reminds me of “Zoom, Lord Toffingham and Funny Feet” from back in the early 70’s.

You probably don't have them in the UK, but we have some frozen fruit bars called "Outshine" that are outstanding. My favorites are the Mango, Lime, Tangerine, and Strawberry:

They taste mostly like frozen real fruit juice and pulp, and are not overly-sweetened. The flavor profile is pretty "adult". The lime and tangerine are nicely tart.

Last edited:
99 Flake from the nearest van I can find. Yes I know it's not icecream, but I enjoy it non the less. Brings back childhood memories and has a pleasant taste.

I'm rather partial to Carte D'Or Madagascan Vanilla or Indulgent Chocolate. I used to love Baskin-Robbins "Rocky Road" as youngun. Also like Cornetto, and Viennetta (makes a great base for a banana split) - both the original chocoloate varieties. I've never been particularly impressed by Haagan Dazs I have to say. It's not that it's bad, it's not. It's just that a lot of people rave about it and I don't think it's anything particularly special. Same for Gelato Mio.

Icecream and any form of Alcohol is just heresy IMO.

The worst icecream I've ever tried is Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough. I thought it was just cookie dough flavoured, but it's not, it actually has lumps of raw cookie dough in it, eurgh disgusting. Ben & Jerry's are another brand I feel are very overrated.

As far as lollies go, never been a fan really. Haven't consumed them on any regularity since I was in primary school. Since then, probably about one every 5-10 years on average.

The worst icecream I've ever tried is Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough. I thought it was just cookie dough flavoured, but it's not, it actually has lumps of raw cookie dough in it, eurgh disgusting. Ben & Jerry's are another brand I feel are very overrated.

Agreed! It's absolutely revolting. 🤢

advertisement

Back