advertisement

Favourite Ice-Lolly - Sucker - Ice Cream

(I used ‘sucker’ as that is what I would have called them as a kid in the area I grew up in.)

Same here when I was kid in Nottm.. I recall my cousin in Coventry being really scathing.. as he called them 'Lolly Ices'. Both terms were daft..but at least Sucker is more honest...

If I'm entirely honest...
Magnum... despite the weekly size reduction..
Cadbury's '99'
..and basiclly any ice cream and chocolate based post prandial snack.

Ever tried vanilla ice cream with a measure of Cointreau poured over.....?

Or Ice Cream and Honey....

I could go on.. but I might have an accident...

Same here when I was kid in Nottm.. I recall my cousin in Coventry being really scathing.. as he called them 'Lolly Ices'. Both terms were daft..but at least Sucker is more honest...

Sucker always seemed very apt.
I presume you said ‘tuffee’s’ as a term for all sweets? (not particularly toffees)

Vanilla Ice cream & honey works for me.

Did you ever take a big bowl out to the Ice Cream Van/man when they came down the street on a Sunday teatime and get it filled with ice cream from the tap?

Traditional raspberry mivvi for me. I don't thick chocolate has any place in an ice-lolly.

oh yes!
A Mivvi!
Up there with a Fab.

faaFUDWfmivvi.jpg

Haagen Dazs Belgian Chocolate ice cream is my go to.
Same here - with the rule that it’s only ever bought when below £3.76.

Haagen Dazs recently shrank the pot.

Tesco’s Finest isn’t bad and sensibly priced. I’ll given anything a go which omits Guar Gum and other stabilisers - none of which have any place in ice cream.

Same here - with the rule that it’s only ever bought when below £3.76.

Haagen Dazs recently shrank the pot.

Tesco’s Finest isn’t bad and sensibly priced.

Another victim of shrinkflation?! ☹️

I’ll give Tesco’s Finest a go. I once tried Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference and wasn’t impressed.

Very rarely eat ice cream at home but love a ‘Mr Softee’ ice cream from the van in the summer. Always get a 99 and let Mrs BB have the flake.

Son #2 is partial to a Magnum and sometimes brings me one home, I enjoy those, as long as there’s no nuts!

Cheers BB

Sucker always seemed very apt.
I presume you said ‘tuffee’s’ as a term for all sweets? (not particularly toffees)
Yep. 'tuffees' is still current, as I think is 'dudoos' used with/by younger kids/toddlers.
Horses were known as 'Bobboes', with that peculiarly 'open' East Midlands 'O' sound.

A couple of years back I was in Wethies in Bulwell..aka 'Boowull', when a young mum came in with a toddler and said " Sit dahn ere duck..we gewin' ter ev sum dinnoh". The 'oh' as in not, hot etc.
Made me smile..

as I think is 'dudoos' used with/by younger kids/toddlers.

:D
I had completely forgotten about Dudoos!

Yo’ll be tellin’ me t’ gerron coursey next…

My Mother is from Derbyshire (Somercotes) - she is very ‘ickle’ ‘bockle,’ and the bizarre ’antibeeeotics’

Very jealous of people who can have this sort of thing in the house, I've zero will power so all my cupboards look post apocalypse in content.

Very jealous of people who can have this sort of thing in the house, I've zero will power so all my cupboards look post apocalypse in content.

You should see our ’drinks’ table…
I had a friend over a few years ago and he couldn’t understand as he said he would have just drank it all.

Saying that, we don’t buy biscuits as we couldn’t just have a couple, it would be a whole pack or nothing!

You should see our ’drinks’ table…
I had a friend over a few years ago and he couldn’t understand as he said he would have just drank it all.

Saying that, we don’t buy biscuits as we couldn’t just have a couple, it would be a whole pack or nothing!

I can't have anything in the house, booze, crisps, chocolate, ice cream, biscuits, cakes the list goes on. If I do buy any of those things it is purely a one item kind of deal for there and then only. My shopping trolley is pretty bleak.

advertisement

Back