advertisement

Favo*u*rite Records Shops OUTSIDE of London

I like Rise in Worcester, my local city. Rise is a smallish shop but they manage to squeeze in a lot of vinyl and I'm often surprised at their eclectic selection. A decent range of CDs and a few books as well. The staff are friendly and approachable and the shop is family-friendly - it's in a shopping centre so I can quickly "pop in" during family shopping trips, plus it's clean and tidy unlike some record shops... It's a little brother to their store in Bristol which often has live bands. There's also one in Cheltenham although I've never visited that one.

Rise is 5 mins walk from Worcester Foregate Street station, which is 45 minutes from Birmingham.

Damian

Rise is mostly new stuff - although I picked up a couple of Japanese issues of jazz recently that are excellent.

There is another record store in Worcester, 2nd hand dealers - Market Hall Records, upstairs in the Gallery, off the Shambles. Excellent cheese shop on the same complex.

'Expanded? They must be doing well either that or they are very brave in these grim times...

Grim times ... says who !

Vinyl purchases are the highest they've been for years ... FTSE at record high and the UK about to leave that dreaded institution the EU !

Like a dog of a lead - like a prisoner let out of jail !!!

The UK is only moving one way and that is up.

'Expanded? They must be doing well either that or they are very brave in these grim times...

Grim times ... says who !

Vinyl purchases are the highest they've been for years ... FTSE at record high and the UK about to leave that dreaded institution the EU !

Like a dog of a lead - like a prisoner let out of jail !!!

The UK is only moving one way and that is up.

isn't it interesting how we all perceive the same thing.....

Rise is mostly new stuff - although I picked up a couple of Japanese issues of jazz recently that are excellent.

There is another record store in Worcester, 2nd hand dealers - Market Hall Records, upstairs in the Gallery, off the Shambles. Excellent cheese shop on the same complex.

Hello from another Worcester resident! Nick @ Market Hall is a nice guy. Have you ever been to Carnival in Malvern? Good second hand and new store for both vinyl & CD.

Piccadilly Records in Manchester gets most of my cash. It's too tempting working in the city centre.
Today: Chris Forsyth and the Solar Motel Band "Dreaming in the Non-Dream" new and sounding good on vinyl.

Resident Records
28 Kensington Gardens,
Brighton.
BN1 4AL

01273 606312

Piccadilly Records,
53 Oldham St,
Manchester.
M1 1JR

0161 839 8008

Hello from another Worcester resident! Nick @ Market Hall is a nice guy. Have you ever been to Carnival in Malvern? Good second hand and new store for both vinyl & CD.

Friend of mine keeps telling me about it, but I rarely get to Malvern!

I spent some time in Carnival during a holiday in the Malverns a couple of years ago. Excellent shop.

advertisement

Back