advertisement

Fat is the new Thin.

Fish and chips from the chippie is healthier than 'ready meals' from supermarkets. People eating from a chippie are doing themselves a favour.

Isn't that an urban myth? I've seen a large portion of fish and chips quoted as 1385 kcals and 77g of fat, which is roughly double the first couple of single person ready means I checked:

Waitrose chilli con carne with rice: 637 kcal and 23.4g of fat
Waitrose chicken tikka with rice: 674 kcal and 30.8g of fat
Tesco Beef Madras with rice: 693 kcal and 23.0g of fat
Tesco Every Day Value bangers and mash (£1): 395kcal and 16.9g of fat

Isn't that an urban myth?

Seem like it to me - too much fat and batter is boggin'.

A fish supper is like being unfaithful to your wife, feels good at the time, but you always regret it later.

Isn't that an urban myth? I've seen a large portion of fish and chips quoted as 1385 kcals and 77g of fat, which is roughly double the first couple of single person ready means I checked:

Waitrose chilli con carne with rice: 637 kcal and 23.4g of fat
Waitrose chicken tikka with rice: 674 kcal and 30.8g of fat
Tesco Beef Madras with rice: 693 kcal and 23.0g of fat
Tesco Every Day Value bangers and mash (£1): 395kcal and 16.9g of fat
:)

I don't calorie count, nor do I fat count. There is no need to.

Anyway, an urban myth? It's just my opinion. I'd eat fish and chips ahead of any of the rubbish you listed there.

You eat what you want and I'll continue eating the stuff that got me from 3 x metformin per day for diabetes off the medication completely.

Seem like it to me - too much fat and batter is boggin'.

A fish supper is like being unfaithful to your wife, feels good at the time, but you always regret it later.
I have it at 5pm or so as an evening meal. I don't eat supper.

A fish supper is the Scottish term for fish and chips - and to confuse things further, in some parts of Scotland "supper" means "dinner". In some parts "tea" also means dinner. And in some backwards east coast areas dinner means lunch.

Fish supper is the name given to fish and chips from a chippie (chip shop) north of the border. Thought you were familiar with the territory up here Brian.

Ah, your opinion. So no basis in fact then. Fair enough.
Of course it's an opinion. Your opinion may be different, but it too is an opinion.

As I say, if you want to believe that boxed rubbish is better than a piece of cod or haddock just carry on.

A fish supper is the Scottish term for fish and chips - and to confuse things further, in some parts of Scotland "supper" means "dinner". In some parts "tea" also means dinner. And in some backwards east coast areas dinner means lunch.

Oh dear.

Loss of humour alert? Such a breakdown...

Of course it's an opinion. Your opinion may be different, but it too is an opinion.

My earlier post quoted factual numbers - it's not my opinion. I don't really have an opinion on the issue, other than to point out that you'd stated something that appeared to be nonsense.

As I say, if you want to believe that boxed rubbish is better than a piece of cod or haddock just carry on.

I think there is every chance that a decent ready meal is better for you than a huge portion of fish and chips coated in batter and soaked in oil & fat. Tasty though.

:D:D:D Spot on, you have to work out the social standing of the person giving the information and their place of origin to fathom out what exactly is being said.

:D:D:D Spot on, you have to work out the social standing of the person giving the information and their place of origin to fathom out what exactly is being said.

My wife is from East Lothian and I have to take a moment to work out what she means when she talks about dinner etc. Apparently dinner is lunch and tea is dinner - unless she remembers she's talking to someone from a civilised part of the country.

Don't get me started on the whole "salt and sauce" thing either. A definite east v west divide there.

advertisement

Back