advertisement

FACT 12 anyone heard it ?

Stilgoe,

I can only assume that some posters have a very dull axe they need to grind as often and as publicly as possible.

Joe

Disbeliever,

Any conflicts of interest you feel you should disclose, given the inordinate number of threads you start about kit you don't like and have no intention of buying?

Joe / moderating

Disbeliever,

Any conflicts of interest you feel you should disclose, given the inordinate number of threads you start about kit you don't like and have no intention of buying?

Joe / moderating

No conflicts of interest . Do not want to be ripped off by misleading reviews , hope others will take note but all I get is hostility. .

Disbeliever,

Ah, a consumer warrior. Any other kit feel you people need to be warned about? Maybe you could put them into one list for ease of reference.

For my bit I would like to warn people about Thrills gum. Even though it's not expensive and does not make any misleading claims, I feel some might think the manufacturer is joking when they read that it still tastes like soap or, as they say in Quebec, << Toujours la même gomme-savon ! >>

thrills-gum1.jpg

Joe

I think in all honesty we get the message that you don't want us to get ripped off.
Thankyou.
But it's too late as I've got a lovely set of PMC IB2i. Please help me:D

I had Fact 8's on home demo for a weekend but quickly found them fatigueing. By coincidence my son visited and when he walked in instantly asked what was wrong with the hi fi. The other side of the coin is that a lot of people find them very enjoyable and that's what speakers are all about. My dealer invited me to listen to the Fact 12 but I think what's the point especially as I've lashed out on WB Act C60's.

I have not heard the PMC IB2i I hope you enjoy them. However too large & ugly looking for me,

Cheers,I do enjoy them :) . They are what the prettier Fact 12 wants to be but in a more domestically friendly package. Wether or not they have managed it im not sure as I've not heard them. Maybe some Fact 12 owners have done an A/B with the IB2i that could assist or maybe I'll get my own thread.....

I had Fact 8's on home demo for a weekend but quickly found them fatigueing. By coincidence my son visited and when he walked in instantly asked what was wrong with the hi fi. The other side of the coin is that a lot of people find them very enjoyable and that's what speakers are all about. My dealer invited me to listen to the Fact 12 but I think what's the point especially as I've lashed out on WB Act C60's.

For £16,950 you could have bought a nice new car, the cost of my KIA Ceed CRDI diesel auto.goes exceptionally well no turbo lag

Disbeliever,

Joe / moderating

If the Devialet 170 had sounded better than my 16 year old Class AB amp, I would have bought one.

Disbeliever,

If the Devialet 170 had sounded better than my 16 year old Class AB amp, I would have bought one.
No one is questioning what you prefer or whether your current amp is better or worse. It's that your posts come across as contrived -- that you're deliberately trying to rubbish kit for some reason, and in the process crapping all over threads.

Your opinion on kit, whether positive or negative, is fine. But to state it repeatedly across several threads and people start to wonder if you have an agenda. It's also rather telling you managed to work in a reference to Devialet in a thread you started about the PMC Fact 12s.

Joe

Fact 12s are being demonstrated at the Whittlebury show today and tomorrow
Like the Fact 8s I found them rather diaspointing and not to my taste

Was the 3* WHF review of the Aurousal a misleading review Dis?
Absolutely

A full page ad would probably have ensured a 5 star review. Strange situation with HFN the earlier VS model won a three speaker contest and received a 85% SQ rating, yet the later improved VSX only got 78% , using same Jordan drivers with an improved internal cabinet construction for better bass. Makes no sense,

Kudos ? IMO No speaker is worth the price of a new car. I enjoy the slim Aurousal VSx there is so little difference to the Focalstage ,I decided it was not worthwhile to make a change. I have owned expensive speakers in the past including top B & W models, IMF , custom made large TLS & Quad ELS-63.

So why did you waste my time asking for an opinion? And what's the price of a new car (albeit a cheap one) got to do with it?

advertisement

Back